Baby snails

Stephen

Have been seeing a bunch of these baby snails over the last few weeks in my tank after noticing some egg strings on the glass. They look like ceriths but I'm not for certain. Finally they are big enough to get a photo of them. Ceriths or something else?

39645104132_9873d68fce_c.jpg

In all the years I've had tanks I've never had snails successfully reproduce beside stoma's.

I'm pretty sure those are ceriths. I recently began having them reproduce in my tank as well, and growing fast! These look exactly like the baby snails in my tank.

Same for me. I noticed a pretty big mass of strings on the silicon tonight. Covering the whole bit of silicon in the corner for about 6 inches. Guess a bonus is if they continue to grow I'll never have to worry about the hermits having shells. Now if I could only find some stomatella's to add to the tank.

I never did notice any eggs on the glass, but they could have laid them anywhere.

I did get one stomatella that hitchhiked on a frag. It's in my 20L frag tank at the moment but last I saw it had doubled in size. Any idea how they reproduce? I assume another one is required, hah!

I didn't get any on the live rock I picked up locally sadly. Just pests. Hoped to order live rock but couldn't get a ETA from anyone because of the storm that hit Florida. Stoma's broadcast eggs and sperm. Free coral and critter food when it happens along with more stoma's. Great little critters. Hope to find some sooner or later.