Submerged my MP10 dry side O.o

IMG 145482749238123

I've been looking for a way to do this for years. Once I clean the shroud the pump will be nearly invisible. No more ugly vortech on the side of the tank.

Oh, that's nice! Really a clean look. So, did you build some sort of pocket in the back end of the AIO that fits the dry side?

Oh, that's nice! Really a clean look. So, did you build some sort of pocket in the back end of the AIO that fits the dry side?

Kinda, I originally tried to make a box out of 3/16" acrylic but the overall combined thickness of the box + the glass was too thick for the MP10, and a 40 would be too powerful for the tank and take up too much of the center chamber. 

I've come up with an alternative I'll probably share after a few weeks of "proof-of-concept" I don't want people trying to duplicate this if its going to ruin a $250+ power head. 

Still running. Takes up a large chunk of my middle chamber which is a tad annoying since I also have a 4 probe holder in there but it's worth it for the aesthetics.

Btw replaced the bearings on this recently I'll post a tutorial on that. Not nearly as scary as I thoughthought.

• 3 weeks later...

It was still running and appears undamaged when I pulled it yesterday. Due to changing some things around in the rear chamber I had to pull it temporarily.