Micro Bubbles Caused by Protein Skimmer

Brucenemours

Last week I added a small fluvial sea mini protein skimmer to my fluvial sea evo XII tank. I went with this skimmer because it is specifically designed to fit in the overflow/all in one sump. It has been working great and I can visually see that it is keeping up with the bio load in the tank. The only problem I have is micro bubbles. Is anyone familiar with this skimmer or has had this issue and knows how to help? Currently the skimmer sits in the first partition where the overflow is. In the second partition I have a mesh sponge filter that was included with the tank, and the last partition is the return pump, heater, and ATO. Thanks!

they should go away after the skimmer has been broken in and if not you can just put some fine mesh over the return

• 3 weeks later...

Are you still having the microbubbles issue with the PS2 skimmer? I had this skimmer on my EVO for a few weeks also and I finally decided to remove it because of the microbubbles and it was making too much noise. Interested to see if yours settled down eventually. 

• 3 weeks later...