Which Led on 6ft tank

Ricko4

Currently have 4 basic Led lights in my 125 gallon 6 ft long tank and would like to take it to the next level. Have been Looking at the following lights:

Kessil 360WE - 1 puck

Hydra 52 - 4 puck

Hydra 26 - 2 puck

Radion xr15 pro - 1 puck

Radion xr30 pro - 2 puck

Would need 3 units as the tank has 2 brakets leaving the top of the tank with 3 openings.units run from $350 - $800 a piece, like the wireless capability and able to control unit with cellphone device

Thanks again for any feedback or suggestions

What are the "basic" lights you are running? 

I would skip all of those, and go with whatever Evergrow IT series fits inside each bracket. They are programmable, but as far as I know not controlled by your cellphone. However, they are well within your price range, and in my opinion, are superior to any of the brand names with "bells and whistles" that cost a ton of money. 

One of our sponsors, Exotic Reef Creations, I believe can get you good pricing on the Evergrow series. You can see a picture of my old 150 with the Evergrow lights, and I was doing SPS no problem.

the evergrow lights, the IT series, are no longer made. they aren't even supported either with replacement parts so that unfortunately is out.

of the choices mentioned, they all work, but budget needs to be evaluated as many will price you out it sounds like.

also important to consider how high you plan to mount them, what corals you will have in the tank and plan to keep and what are critical features you need.

I have 4 radions on my 180 3 openings. 2 in center and 1 on each side. Gen 2. I would not get caught up in all the bells and whistles in my experience one you set them you are not going to be changing them much. All of the lights in your list will work fine. depends on how much you want to spend. There are a range of light a few steps up from black boxes and below those listed. I have SPS growing under BB, T247bs and Radions. 

Thanks everyone, I always see this as a hot topic and one of the toughest decisions as it's one of the most expensive. T5's, Led, brand, price, features and the list goes on and on.

I'm married with children, so we'll see what or how much $$ wife lets me play with,,

For a 6' tank, there's many options. 3) Kessils and a Spectral Controller are the cleanest and easiest to set up and you can grow anything that you can find here on the forums.

If you have deeper pockets, the Radions are very nice and make a very nice 10k-14k light blend, but are not as user friendly as other lights and require a computer to set up.

AI's are also nice whn combined with the AI controller.

As far as used lights go, buy any of the above for far less than you'll find new, or go old skool and find one of those antique T5/MH fixtures....

For a 6' tank, there's many options. 3) Kessils and a Spectral Controller are the cleanest and easiest to set up and you can grow anything that you can find here on the forums.

+1, this is what I run on my 6’. Later upgraded my old controller to an Apex, which now runs the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk