Getting out of hobby sale

chucelli

Things have been hectic with our search for a home closer to work (DC). 

After almost a year of on and off searching, we are finally moving from Gaithersburg MD to Alexandria VA.

To all the MD members I've met over the years, sorry for my lack of presence!  I am selling the 25G cube I started, but never stocked, along with most of all the original equipment from the original system.

There are too many things to list, but I will list most of the major items here.

- 25G Mr. Aqua Starfire low iron glass (drilled with dual 1.5" ID bulkheads) Tank only no stand $100

9hpa9w.jpg

qy90u8.jpg

2vvwgtg.jpg

- 100G Rubbermaid stock tank.  $35

Drilled for return pump and skimmer pump as seen below:

160xund.jpg

- ETSS 800 dual downdraft skimmer (seen above) rated for 400 gallons $50
this skimmer is about 15 years old and has been a workhorse.  Ideal for processing large volumes of water very fast with moderate level organic removal.  Will require powerful external pump (ie. 150-PS) to run.

- Pan World 150PS 1100 GPH (for downdraft skimmer) $100

aujus2.jpg

-Pan World 100PX 790 GPH rated for 21' of head pressure $75

designed for lifting water to higher locations or to operate in-tank eductors.

this was used as a basement return pump

105896q.jpg

-Pan World 50PX 590 GPH rated for 16.5' of head pressure $50

this was used as a basement return pump

2u4o6rc.jpg

-Ecotech MP40 first Gen (x2).  $50 each 

These come with additional unused wetside I had purchased as backups

-LED lighting $300

this are the lights used in the original SPS tank.  They have been in storage for the past few years.

These come with remote drivers that are controlled by an Arduino controller using PWM.  These can be connected to the lights using standard DB9 connectors, or the existing 20ft cables that are in use now for the current lights.

207kjzs.jpg

Livestock

-Mated pink skunks $20

16lbajd.jpg

-approx 150 pounds of live rock (make offer)

There are some other things that can be seen at the house.

thanks for looking!

-Robert

Robert, 

Sorry to see you go from the hobby and from the neighborhood.  Are you bringing your chickens with you?  I'm tempted by the little cube, but would probably not find support for another tank.  

Hunter, I do not have any PMs from you.

The RM is yours provided I can find buyers for all the rock. 

Leishman, the clowns are yours.  LMK when you want to pickup.

Hey Alan,

we have no more chickens.  Two more were taken by the hawk and the last one went to a local dog walker who has a barn of 25+ chickens. 

I have the chicken coop if anyone wants to buy it  :)

We lived out here for 12 years and loved it, but the commute is getting worse every year.  For some reason all of our jobs end up in DC...

The new house is smaller and has no basement.  I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to have a non-intrusive reef tank (something that works without disturbing the harmony of the living space) without a sump or large volume of water...

-Robert

Edited by chucelli

Leishman,

I will be back and forth between Gaithersburg and Alexandria for the next few days.

I should be in Gaithersburg in the evening tomorrow and Saturday afternoon/evening. 

I will be here until around 12PM on Sunday.

Alan,

I will give you a special discount if you want the cube ;)

-Robert

Hey, Robert. Sorry to see you leaving the hobby. But life gets busy sometimes. Best of luck in the future. Hope to see you back one day.

thanks Tom.

Once we're all settled in, I'm pretty sure I will get the itch to start something.  I'm keeping one set of lights and my doser for that day.

-Robert

By the way, for those who don't know, Robert was, I believe, the first person in WAMAS and one of the first on Reef Central to build a high powered LED light fixture and successfully grow coral with it.  Robert's RC thread on LED lights for coral growth was what led me to finding WAMAS because he linked to his build thread here.

He also is the only person I've known to have actually seen coral spawn in his tank and has pictures to prove it.  

He also decided to experiment with microbubbles to enhance coral health many years ago before it became popular to speculate about on R2R and RC and developed a system to inject them into his flow.

He also regrew colonies from single polyps that had fallen off during frag making or maintenance.  

He also fought coral pests early in his tank career and as a result decided to not add any coral to his tank, at all, for years, more than 5 if I recall.  His tank is the only one that I felt good about just getting frags and dropping them right into my water.

I echo Tom's sentiments that I sure hope he stays around given his history with WAMAS and the hobby.

By the way, for those who don't know, Robert was, I believe, the first person in WAMAS and one of the first on Reef Central to build a high powered LED light fixture and successfully grow coral with it. Robert's RC thread on LED lights for coral growth was what led me to finding WAMAS because he linked to his build thread here.

He also is the only person I've known to have actually seen coral spawn in his tank and has pictures to prove it.

He also decided to experiment with microbubbles to enhance coral health many years ago before it became popular to speculate about on R2R and RC and developed a system to inject them into his flow.

He also regrew colonies from single polyps that had fallen off during frag making or maintenance.

He also fought coral pests early in his tank career and as a result decided to not add any coral to his tank, at all, for years, more than 5 if I recall. His tank is the only one that I felt good about just getting frags and dropping them right into my water.

I echo Tom's sentiments that I sure hope he stays around given his history with WAMAS and the hobby.

In other words... he is the most interesting man in the world!

dcb39da7bdea132907fb28c08de5b7ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your rock pukani?

the rocks are a mixture of stuff acquired over many years including Pukani, Tonga branch, Fiji, etc..

Hi Robert can u please text me your phone # at 2026411643 thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

message sent.

going through all the stuff, I realized I have gathered many things over the years.

I also have a refractometer, unused test kits for the big three ALK, CAL, and MAG, icecap electronic 250w MH ballast, MP40 battery backup, dried food, fragging supplies, etc...

if anyone is looking for something not listed, it may be worth checking..

-Robert 

• 4 weeks later...

I will be at the house tomorrow morning for anyone interested in stopping by.  Pretty much everything is left. 

Anything that is left after tomorrow is going to the LFS.

oh, forgot to mention, I also have a 1000W generator, used twice.  One summer it saved my entire reef when we lost power for a week during the storm.  That one save paid for the generator.

Anyone interested can come take a look and make an offer.

-Robert

I'd love to have a generator. If I had a house I would definitely have one.