Collumnbelid snails

YHSublime

Per @gmerek2 Please post some macros of eggs, snails and any observations you have on the guys. Mine reproduce fast enough to get about 50 adults every 3 months. That sounds over populated but it’s not since they are small and it’s a 240g. They have not reproduced yet in my 65g 

Still waiting on mine to reproduce but than again they've only been in my tank for less than 2 months. I'll be sure to post pics whenever they reproduce. 

I have always liked my asterina starfish as they never bothered anything. But as I’m sitting here having a rum and coke it makes me wonder if they are eating my snail eggs and pods that cover the glass at night

Edited by gmerek2

I saw some at my LFS in the frag tank probably reproducing there.. He thought they were nassarius. So I bought them so they don’t inbreed in my tank.

• 1 month later...

If you have a small HOB skimmer make sure the intake cup isn’t touching glass. The offspring are then able to get in there then get sucked up into and clog the intake. 2fd9b217f869491e502280877ee0697b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a small HOB skimmer make sure the intake cup isn’t touching glass. The offspring are then able to get in there then get sucked up into and clog the intake. 2fd9b217f869491e502280877ee0697b.jpg

That's wild! I have tons of eggs in my 22, but I can't see them around the tank. They've gotta be in there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are starting to pump out some numbers too. Never seen this many before a lot of frag plug I turn around has eggs a3fdabf18aa398d0d4eaa2247428f8cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk