Pacific East Aquaculture

miggs76

Great experience from them!

I ordered an anemone last week from them.  They have a shipping special for the DC area where you normally pay 19.99 and they will ship overnight so you can pick it up from the UPS center.  Mine actually costs 9.99 because of a holiday special.

So I go to the UPS center on Thursday morning.  The tracking clearly showed that the package was there the night before at 11pm.  I show my tracking number and UPS can't find my package.  I wait 45 minutes as they still look.  They can't locate it.  They give me some junk excuse of holiday time and it is probably in a shipping container somewhere.  I leave and call Pacific East and leave a message before they open at 11am.

I get a call right back from them.  The person's name was Rachel.  She was awesome.  She told me she was going to contact her UPS rep and get back to me.  She called me back within a few hours and told me not to go to the UPS center until they let us know it was found.  They didn't find it until the next day.  She told me that if it was dead they would replace it free of charge and on top of that would do free shipping right to my house instead of to the UPS center.

I picked up the anemone that Friday evening after work.  Now it has been 48 hours since it was packed.  The water temp was 60 degrees, but the anemone was alive.  I let Rachel know and asked if I could wait a few days to see how it looked because I was sure it was stressed out big time.  She gladly agreed. 

Now it has been 5 days since I've had the anemone and I've fed it several times.  It looks great and should be fine.  

UPS was awful, but Pacific East was wonderful.  I will gladly order from them again!

Awesome, how about a picture of the anemone! They've had some fire on their site recently.

That’s a pic of my mini carpet anemone. They only grow to about 2 inches. I’ve been looking for these for a few years....very rare indeed. The UPS center was Gaithersburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, very cool little creature. Loves raw shrimp and takes pieces down in 2 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk