Neto's 22g v2 Reboot Update

Neto

Hey guys! its been a while since I updated pics of my tank's reboot 2 years ago. Its been having slow progress but I started buying more corals recently. 

Lifestock

2 Clownfish

1 Watchman Goby

1 Clown Goby

1 Pistol Shrimp

4 Turbo

5-6 Blue Leg Hermits

Equipment

6 bulb ATI Powermodule (4b+ 2c+)

22g tank

10-15g sump

MP10WES

Mag Drive 9.5B (return pump)

Eshopps Skimmer psk-75

Aqua UV Sterilizer

Additives

Zeovit K-Balance

Zeovit Flatworm Stop (mixed with K-Balance 1:1)

Zeovit Zeobak

Zeovit B-Balance

Zeovit Coral snow

Salt

ESV B-Ionic Salt

Here are some pictures that where taken with an iphone and with only 2 ATI coral plus T5 bulbs on turned on because I suck at taking pictures with all of them on.

IMG_7731.jpg

IMG_7730.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

IMG_7718.jpg
IMG_7717.jpg

IMG_7729.jpg
IMG_7728.jpg
IMG_7725.jpg
IMG_7724.jpg
IMG_7723.jpg
IMG_7722.jpg
IMG_7720.jpg
IMG_7721.jpg
Edited by Neto

I just bought some ESV salt because I was inspired by your tank. I was using reef crystals. I did some research reading reviews and such. Everything I saw was it  was a very good quality 4 part mix.

I just bought some ESV salt because I was inspired by your tank. I was using reef crystals. I did some research reading reviews and such. Everything I saw was it was a very good quality 4 part mix.

Its the best salt i have used to be honest, its a bit more time consuming to mix since it has the salt, magnesium powder, part a and b liquids but i saw improvements very quickly after using it several times.

You may feel it's been "slow progress", but whatever your doing, keep doing it. Tank is looking really good! Clean, healthy and colorful. Can't ask for much more than that. (On a side note, I too am a fan of ESV.)

• 1 month later...

Looking very fine!

Thanks!! Just came back from a 18 day vacation and tank looks terrible with lots of algae... however all sps look very well and colorful.... some corals have grown so much due to this...

Thanks!! Just came back from a 18 day vacation and tank looks terrible with lots of algae... however all sps look very well and colorful.... some corals have grown so much due to this...

f74126263a32c4e4c1fd0b44cd6e99d9.jpg

Yeah! That’s seem to be my experience too. Tank looks ugly but coral are growing or perhaps you don’t see the growth when you’re looking at it daily.

What kind of automation do you have? Did you have someone watching the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of automation do you have? Did you have someone watching the tank?

I always leave the tank with a 50g fresh water supply for the ato and a cheap auto feeder that works every 12 hrs. This has worked for me in the past but this time i was trying new pellets and my guess is that since they where very small, more got introduced to the tank every time. So more food = more nitrates.

I will be doing a water change today and possibly do a 2 day no lights in a week or so.