Neptune upgrade - nothing works

roni

Hi,

Finally slowly getting everything hooked up again after a move.  My apex was working well before I moved  but after I moved, it said that it needed an update.  I did the update over a hard wired connection (not wifi) as they stated.  Before, it connected to the internet, now there is no connection.  Even bought a new router thinking that was the issue and still no go.  Any ideas?

thanks,

Roni

Have you tried to unplug your apex. Then plug it back in and see if it finds a signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be worth calling their support, It happened to me when i first got the unit (after updating it), ended up being defective.

Edited by motti

Have you tried to unplug your apex. Then plug it back in and see if it finds a signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, did all of those.  There used to be a step by step trouble shooting manual someone made but I can't seem to find it.

Might be worth calling their support, It happened to me when i first got the unit (after updating it), ended up being defective.

Yeah, opened a ticket but they are only open mon-friday, when I'm working.  

Have you tried re-flashing the update. Is this only one update, or multiple? I seem to remember that they flash their webserver part and other parts separately. 

I just checked the latest firmware update for my Apex and it's 4.52_5A17. I think that I'll hold off for a bit as everything is running smoothly.

yeah, that's the version i updated to.  Not super happy right now.  I think it may have reset all my settings, which may be why I'm having trouble getting everything working.  Do you have that old faq for the classic somewhere in your files?  I think that had a step by step way to get through the apex setup.  

so, tried to connect back to my router (hard wired) to reflash update and the apex flash utility program doesn't even detect my apex anymore.

so, tried to connect back to my router (hard wired) to reflash update and the apex flash utility program doesn't even detect my apex anymore.

You've checked the network settings?

I do have the original Apex manual that was produced by another hobbyist and later adopted by Neptune. It's on their website, too, I think. If you need a copy of the old manual, let me know. I'm sure that it's on a drive here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Roni, you said your Apex was working on your last tank before you moved.  Is it possible that you have more than one Apex, and this is one that didn't work?  Maybe the good one is still packed up?

Edited by Jon Lazar

thanks everyone.  after going back through everything step by step, it looks like a have a slightly wonky ethernet port that gets loose easily.  everything is good now in terms of internet.  

However, I'm now trying to connect some mp40s to my wxm.  One went easily and an outlet appeared immediately.  The other one flashes blue and orange like it's supposed to but then goes to green and doesn't create an outlet.  I've tried powering off the pump and repeated the clearing of the memory and the steps to link but get the same.  This same mp40 also gives me an error when I put my battery backup on it.  I'll send another ticket to neptune but figured I'd check here first.  

I like the neptune products once they are setup but they are definitely giving me some trouble right now :)

Incremental progress. I guess that's good?

I seem to recall having to give it a go several times before I got my MP40's going wireless on my Apex. Had to reset the MPs several times. Ultimately I got it going. Been good since.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk