Mighty Magnets

motti

I have one that I used on my old acrylic 180 (more than 6 years ago). I have the (white) F-2 and bought it with a bunch of accessories including the scratch kit, different cleaning kits, etc. It's a decent magnet cleaner, for sure, but was pretty pricey. I can't say that I got enough out of it to justify the amount I put into the whole system (well over $200+). Don't get me wrong: It's really strong and I never had problems with it. I just didn't use it much because I went back to glass.

I have one that I used on my old acrylic 180 (more than 6 years ago). I have the (white) F-2 and bought it with a bunch of accessories including the scratch kit, different cleaning kits, etc. It's a decent magnet cleaner, for sure, but was pretty pricey. I can't say that I got enough out of it to justify the amount I put into the whole system (well over $200+). Don't get me wrong: It's really strong and I never had problems with it. I just didn't use it much because I went back to glass.

Yep a bit pricey but if the quality is good it may be worth getting it. I’ve probably spend much more than 200 over the years on crappy magnets :)

Have you tried the scratch kit? It is any good? The large types of pads and accessories is another reason why I am leaning toward buying it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep a bit pricey but if the quality is good it may be worth getting it. I’ve probably spend much more than 200 over the years on crappy magnets :)

Have you tried the scratch kit? It is any good? The large types of pads and accessories is another reason why I am leaning toward buying it

The scratch kit is basically a set if white scotch Brite pads with two strips of fine and finer grades (up to 12000 grit) of wet or dry sanding cloth glued on each pad. Personally, I would have liked to have seen more abrasive surface but, I'd it had more, it might not slide when you moved the outer magnet.

Grits are 1500, 2400, 3600, 4000, 6000, 8000 & 12000.

See the picture.... 1379fe6bc2ae1d8b47d9f1ff2652efc8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

By the way, it's tedious to use the scratch kit. I preferred using a different kit that is available at Marine Depot these days. 35b931c8dd5ab68690d64f14bf66d21d.jpg

By the way, it's tedious to use the scratch kit. I preferred using a different kit that is available at Marine Depot these days. 35b931c8dd5ab68690d64f14bf66d21d.jpg

Yep have this one too, just a pain to do it under 25-30” of water

Yep have this one too, just a pain to do it under 25-30” of water

Agreed. That's one reason I went back to glass after moving six years ago. It really wasn't an option in my old basement (glass was too heavy to get down the narrow stairs) so I went acrylic for the 180.

• 1 year later...

I used manavore 8 on my acrylic tank, I would slice a magic eraser into thirds and use it instead of the acrylic pad never got a scratch that way. Went to glass so no longer use it .

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk