Tang harassing corals?

WishNewFish

Has anyone had experience with tangs and fox face harassing and trying to eat corals?

I feed my fish heavy with NLS pellets and mysis shrimp every day. Make sure each of my 13 fish eat. (Except mandarin)

First I feed pellets till they stop feeding on pellets and let one or two pellets drop floor., Then I feed a cube of mysis to make sure all fish ate latest a two bites of mysis.

I feed nori or lettuce/spinach twice a week as well for tang/foxface/angelfish.

Recently I observed my rowdy yellow tang and fox face eat the polyps of pulsing sinularia and clove polyp. Literally mowing down the polyps with their mouth colored with polyps. :)

Never heard or read anything of this sort before.

My flame angel, valentini puffer and midas don't bother any corals or other fish. 

Another thing I observed when I feed nori is that pretty much all fish except valentini puffer and mandarin eats nori.

Tang, fox face, flame, royal gramma, chromis, midas and filefish, clowns.

Has anyone see this behavior?

All my fish are fat as super pigs! literally! they are so belly full they swim funny.

But still act like they are starving if I don't feed them nori everyday. Could this be due to recent increase in water temperature to 77F?

Im trying to be feed them a tad less so they don't act like spoiled rascals! and keep my water clean. (Thanks to cheatos and strong refugium lights, my nitrates are consistently around 2 ppm and phosphates are undetectable using multiple test kits)

Edited by WishNewFish

I've not heard of that behavior before. It does sound like you spoil your fish, though! Your water temperature is pretty normal. 

It could be a curious ripping or aggression or something.

Its definitely not because of food landing on corals.

I see my corals still surviving and opening up, so it may not be as damaging as killing the colony.

Read online that Hippo tangs have been observed to do this.

Another interesting observation I made:

My valentini puffer (carnivore) is munching on the lettuce I feed my tangs. Its been doing it since two days.

Very interesting behavior swapping in my tank. My tangs harass corals and my puffer eat tang food :)