ZOAs "bulging"?

Washingtonian

Anyone know what this is or seen this before?

5e84160b47a45d75700ce81167e930a4.jpg

It seems like a few of the zoas are popping up, they are covering a smooth rock underneath.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is it like they're coming unattached?  Or do you just mean they're closing up?  I've had a few mats of zoas that only seem to attach at the end and are kind of free of the rocks in the middle.

Is it like they're coming unattached?  Or do you just mean they're closing up?  I've had a few mats of zoas that only seem to attach at the end and are kind of free of the rocks in the middle.

Thanks Alan... I figured it out, one of my tank inhabitants was nipping at them!  Now he is living in the sump till I can find him a new home!

I wondered if that nice angelfish from your other post was the cause.  It's a very pretty fish.

It is!  It's a juvenile Chrysurus... I have been looking for this fish ever since i got into the hobby years ago, and finally found this super healthy Juvi.

It was a real bummer to find out he was nipping the zoas... whats worse is he was fine up until introduced a colony of Utter Chaos and Rastas last night...

Not sure what happened, but after putting in the new Zoas, he went straight for the old existing colony!

I am on the fence... I am looking at FOWLR options now for him... i never see them for sale and don't want to give this guy up!