LFS DC MD VA

Washingtonian

Hey guys,

New to the hobby here in DC, was looking for some suggestions on LFS.

So far I have come across:

1.  Tropical Lagoon
2.  Quantum Reef
3.  Reef Escape
4.  Capital Aquariums
5.  Blue Ribbon Koi
6.  Dutchman Reef
7.  House of Tropics
8.  Dr Macs

Any others you guys can recommend?

Thanks in advance!

(edited)

Left one out...

1.  Tropical Lagoon
2.  Quantum Reef
3.  Reef Escape
4.  Capital Aquariums
5.  Blue Ribbon Koi
6.  Dutchman Reef
7.  House of Tropics
8.  Dr Macs
9.  Centreville Aquarium

Edited by Washingtonian

Fintastics has the best prices.  I got a gold nugget clown from ORA special ordered for 70 bucks.  They are 90 on live aquaria.

You got most of them.

Finatics in Frederick, MD

Pet Plus Inc in Stafford, Va

Edit. Whoops. I'm slow, page didn't refresh.

Edited by tygger

I also recommend fintastic! Their a great store with great prices. Also want to mention to not visit congressional... everything there is poor quality and mistreated:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(edited)

Thanks guys for the input.

Just my two cents, went to That Pet Place over the weekend and wasn't thrilled. Even after the 2hr drive, I couldn't get myself to buy any livestock. Too many fish were "flashing"... and I haveni room for QT... passed on everything and came home empty handed. Huge bummer.

Edited by Washingtonian

Just my two cents, went to That Pet Place over the weekend and wasn't thrilled. Even after the 2hr drive, I couldn't get myself to buy any livestock. Too many fish were "flashing"... and I haveni room for QT... passed on everything and came home empty handed. Huge bummer.

stop by fintastic i guarantee you will not leave empty handed! you cant! :) 

stop by fintastic i guarantee you will not leave empty handed! you cant! :)

Gonna stop in tomorrow!! Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll third this. My wife and I stopped in there during a visit to some family in the Lancaster area. While I can't remember exactly what put me off from buying anything there but I just didn't feel comfortable adding anything to my tank from there. My wife even made a comment about it maybe not being a good idea to put anything in the tank from there.

Anyway, not a traditional LFS (at least not yet) but Supreme Reefs in Springfield is a great spot for coral. Its by appointment only, so PM Ben through the site to set up a time if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Dr MACs" is actually called Pacific East Aquaculture. They are on the Eastern Shore about 2 hours from DC. I go there all the time. Dr Mac, the owner, travels to Jakarta to hand pick corals plus they grow a lot in his indoor coral farm. I have ordered from them and then picked up at the club meetings.