Never seen this

sen5241b

Mushroom encased in strange jelly like, translucent mass. Yesterday it was perfectly healthy and looked the same as the red shroom above

IMG_1635.JPG

Usually when I see that it's because a mushroom was stung badly by a neighboring aggressive coral. Doesn't look like you have anything like that nearby though.

It looks to have been damaged and is either secreting protective slime or in decay. I would siphon it out and if in decay it might smell bad. I would view the tank at night and make sure there is nothing in that area that might have sweeper tentacles as Jon mentioned. If you were messing in the tank recently you might have damaged it. Just watch the others as bacterial infections can spread fast in shrooms and bad water quality will compound that.  

(edited)

The shroom is gone and there is a slime on the rock where it is. There are really no sweeper near it and I know I did not touch it.

Edited by sen5241b

Yes, its a lobo. Do Lobos have sweepers?

Yes, can be super aggressive, I've had lobos sting corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check that lobo out at night and you might see the sweepers. They usually have a few sweepers per polyp and I've seen some about 4" long.

+1  I have seen lobo's with 12" sweepers before.