Testing your TAP water

dangros

I've been blowing through my filters Spectrapure filters a little more than I think is normal.  Maybe I'm wrong b/c my tap TDS is usually well below 200 which seems pretty good.  Having said that, I've had 3 pin hole leaks in my copper pipes.  The house isnt THAT old (1986).  Does anyone recommend a kit for testing the tap water?  I'm considering getting a whole house filter to remove chloramines and hardness but I want to make sure I get the right system.  Any recommendations on that too?

Which elements are you using up too fast?

That will help us help you identify the right corrective actions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not really sure but I noticed my TDS went from 0 to 1 so I changed all 4 cartridges on the maxcap. Recently, the whole system seemed to seize and stop producing water so I replaced everything. Nothing "looked" dirty so I was baffled by that one. I've also had 3 faucets needing replacement due to seizing.

Not really sure but I noticed my TDS went from 0 to 1 so I changed all 4 cartridges on the maxcap. Recently, the whole system seemed to seize and stop producing water so I replaced everything. Nothing "looked" dirty so I was baffled by that one. I've also had 3 faucets needing replacement due to seizing.

I doubt that your house plumbing leaks have anything to do with your water quality. Also, it's not uncommon for builder-grade valves to corrode and fail after 30 years. My house was a similar age when we bought it. One of my valves was seized, and several others didn't work properly. I've replaced most of them with better valves, and will replace the rest over time.

Did you manage to restore regular production to your unit? If not, have you checked for debris in your system as a possible cause of going to zero production?

Fairfax County will occasion flush the water mains which dislodges a lot of sediment. I've seen my sediment filter go from white to dark brown in a single day. Maybe in your case it was enough to reduce pressure so much that the membrane didn't produce.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk