ALGAE PROBLEM

Gibert19

HELPPPPPP. Tank has been running for 3 months regular water changes, nitrates 0 nitrites o ph 8.3 ammonia 0. A couple soft corals and a couple fish (yellow tang, emperor angel , chromis x5, 2 clowns , goby , 6line wrasse) tank overall has been doing ok had a box fish die he was growing something over his eye so I thought that is the cause but algae is just everywhere on the live rocks and I don't know what kind or what to do to fix it see pics below

How large is this tank/system? The tank is still fairly young. You may be feeding too much and/or have the tank overstocked. The algae is thriving because there are adequate nutrients and plenty of light available.

• 3 weeks later...

At about 3 months my tank (29 gal bio cube) had an algae boom. After regular weekly WC, feeding regulation, and I went from 11 h light cycle to a 9 h. The tank settled after about 2 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this problem a few months ago! I had to do a few things to get it in check. I got another pump for more flow around my rocks, did a lights out/no food for a weekend to get rid of the bulk of it, then shortened the light cycle to 7 hours a day to get the algae under control. Then I got some snails to eat what was left and keep it in check. I also got some macroalgae that may or may not be helping. Everything has stabled out thus far though!