CMAS Fragtoberfest OCT 14th 1-5pm

six-line

CMAS is proud to announce our first annual Fragtoberfest! We have reached out to our local and national salt water vendors and manufactures to bring them to you all in one place at one time.

Guess Speaker: John Coppolino

"Building an SPS Monster - Extended Discussion with Q&A"
Home display aquariums over 1,000 gallons are a rare sight, with reef displays of that size being rarer still. Home SPS displays in this realm are almost unheard of. This presentation shows my journey building my "Forever Tank" in the "Forever Home" my wife and I recently built, using my 25+ years of experience in the hobby. This system includes a 1300 gallon SPS display, 240 gallon anemone/soft coral display and two six foot frag/off display tanks and totals nearly 2,000 gallons. Also built into my home are a large fish only display, many fish QT systems, a separate coral QT system, and a water makeup system that includes vats to store makeup water plumbed throughout the ground level of our home. Live vicariously through me, and perhaps learn some pointers you could use on any size system you might be designing.

About John Coppolino
John’s innate passion for aquariums was nurtured growing up on an island on a lake in Northern New Jersey with a fish loving father and a mother allergic to everything with fur and feathers!

A saltwater hobbyist now over twenty five years since age 11, John began working at a large regional aquarium store as soon as he obtained working papers in high school, resulting in a house full of tanks before going off to college. In college he went on to study reefs in Bermuda, the Galapagos Islands and Ecuador where he lived (and met his wife!) for about two years after obtaining his B.S. in biology.

John now lives in Northern Virginia with his wonderfully supportive wife and two young children, and keeps about 2500 gallons of saltwater aquariums, most being reefs. In addition to publishing articles and speaking at conferences, including three past MACNAs, John has spoken to reef clubs in over twenty states. His systems have been featured in publications in Asia, Europe, and the United States. These include the book “The Coral Reef Aquarium” by Tony Vargas, which profiles two of his systems, including a 10 gallon “kitchen nano” from over ten years ago, and his SPS system he recently moved. John is also one of just two people to have received the prestigious Reef Central Tank of the Month for two different systems (September ’04 and January ’11), where he is known by his username and childhood nickname, Copps. In the summer of 2013 John started building his largest system yet, with a 1300 gallon SPS display, a 240 gallon anemone display and two six foot frag tanks that are installed in the “forever home” he and his wife recently had built. In addition to his reefkeeping at home, John travels yearly with work to Hawaii and Guam, where most free time is spent underwater.

Check back as we add more vendors to our list of attendees.
Vendors:
Jason Fox
Local coral vendor and CMAS member Graham
John Coppolino Corals
Thank you to our Nation Sponsors:
Algae Barn
Bulk Reef Supply
Kessil
Live Aquaria/ Dr Fosters

• 2 weeks later...

A variety of coral vendors will be present. Some are club related or nationally known and some selected out-of-state coral vendors will be present as well.

C.M.A.S.'s Fragtoberfest 2017 encourages all of the reefing community to attend, especially WAMAS members! This is a public event. 

Copps will have additional information in his informative presentation to share in the Parsons Auditorium. You do not want to miss it.  We are very happy to share with WAMAS a large venue footprint at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, in Laurel Md. which is easily accessible from all major roads near and far. Parking is free and ample. Free food will available while it lasts.  All proceeds will go to the Coral Restoration Foundation located in Florida in wake of the hurricane Irma. Please save the date-Saturday October 14th 1-5pm. 

These are the confirmed Vendors so far:

1)      Mr. Chalice

2)      Jason Fox

3)      Graham

4)      John Coppolino Corals

5)      Frags 2 Fish

6)      Premier Aquaculture

7)      Chris Roberts Coral

8)      Coral Emporium

9)      Kingpin Corals

But vendors have been contacting us daily so more may sign up by then, 4 Day to go! I hope to see you there!

Need to see some pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d72c7b2e3f0ffc3d85af462daab98163.jpg64e75840993d48212a959ab17466e718.jpg7a945232427760ef21b1d049b486449a.jpg5f96bce0e6f08cbf24a90d7a12adb5a7.jpg4ce6c036e25b607101e6e9a1fb9cf0ba.jpg

1.rainbow bubbletip anemones from frags to fishes. I got one.usually $59 but $39 special. All of them sold. One guy got four.

2. Rock flower anemones from Mr.Chalice. I got the two colorful ones :~)

3. I think that was the coral emporiums tank and they had a ton of large trachys

4. Jason fox’s tank. He sold a lot of Fox flames today.

5. Copp’s tank.

There was much more there but this is what I got off my phone. Had a great time and those rock flowers were the highlight of my day!!! Absolutely stunning in person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk