Thoughts on this refugium light

Nanoreef

Interesting... i actually saw that option and opted for the one i originally posted just because i liked the smaller footprint more.  Do you think 10w would be sufficient or is 18w more in the area i want to be?  

Those are nice. I like the minimal footprint instead of using the heat lamps that take up a ton of room.

yeah i was trying to avoid bulbs, and a big lamp since i dont have a sump... hopefully these work well

Interesting... i actually saw that option and opted for the one i originally posted just because i liked the smaller footprint more.  Do you think 10w would be sufficient or is 18w more in the area i want to be?  

the more wattage and coverage you have the better the refugium will perform.  IMO that 10w light is not enough.  I have a 300w Hydroponics LED pannel on my 200g's refugium.  And it is barely enough.

I ended up ordering both and im going to see which one works/looks the best.  Have either of you used these before?  Thanks for the input

Nope but in general the more wattage you can put on a refugium the better.  You want all the algae growing in your fuge and not in your display.   :P

This is what I have on my refugium: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JIIQRPQ/ref=sxts_bia_sr_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3182441022&pd_rd_wg=UbeXL&pf_rd_r=ZFKYZEZ9163108VCTSQ2&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B01JIIQRPQ&pd_rd_w=y52of&pf_rd_i=hydroponics+growing+led&pd_rd_r=9Q5RJ0FGZ6CDCEQCNAN0&ie=UTF8&qid=1505483201&sr=1

Makes sense! i just got the 10w light and i like it so far... i also ordered the 18w one and i will return the one i like least.  Might run both if it looks nice.  I will update if i see my chaeto die or significantly grow faster to let anyone else know about this light.  

Thanks for your help

I ended up keeping both lights for a total of 28w.  Not bad for around $35 bucks.  I dont think its going to avoid all algae growth in my display, but it is going to make a way bigger difference than the 4w finnex fugeray that came with my HOB refugium.  

So far my chaeto looks healthier than ever.  I no longer find the need to use GFO as it just slows the growth of my chaeto and is money down the drain.  I will keep some GFO handy in case my phosphates get out of control though.

All in all, i am happy with this light.  If you have a small refugium or need a light with a small footprint, i would recommend this for the price.  There are definitely better lights out there, but i believe this to be excellent value.