YHSublime

Living Room Nano Peninsula

332 posts / 16132 viewsLast Reply

Well, I got my Reef Cleaners order. I don't think I could have made a wiser decision nipping some of the problems in the bud right away. 

It took the weekend, but the peppermint shrimp have demolished every single invasive aiptasia that some how recently hitchhiked into my reef. 3 emeralds went into the 22, and 1 into the frag tank, and they are cleaning out the crevices of bubble algae that was starting to crop up as well. For anybody that looked over the order, you might have noticed I have the lettuce nudi's on there. There has been some algae in the frag tank that I'm not 100% sure what it is, and they seem to be taking care of it. I might have to pay them forward when they are done. I have also had to turn off the MP10 in there to make sure they are comfy, nothing seems to mind with just the return pump lightly moving the water. 

OH, and in biggest news, I removed the floor patch of GSP! It was approaching the rock way too fast too often, so that's one less thing.

Very nice tank.

No sand too?

Just now, menglish said:

Very nice tank.

No sand too?

Thanks, Milton. It's documented back towards the beginning, but the long and short of it is, I didn't want equipment on any end of the tank but the back wall. This was on account of it being a peninsula tank. When I had sand, it was pushing the sand from the middle off the front glass, and bunching it up in the middle. The result was a sand dune that came all the way to the top of the ledge in the middle of the tank, as well as no sand in the front portion of the tank, and then a flat almost no flow sand in the back of the tank. Now I can blast flow from the back and I don't have to worry about what happens to anything getting covered! 

Its a fine looking tank.

I would still love to get a frag of that shroom

Couple changes since my last photos. I did remove the GSP. That's been a relief. The coraline is already taking to the floor under where it once lay. I did get a baby purple tang to replace the yellow. Moved the yellow into the frag tank this morning, was promptly eating by the carpet anemone in less than 2 minutes. Lesson learned (the hard way.)

I guess if I had really bothered, I could have moved the frag rack out. 

3 minutes ago, menglish said:

how many fish are in the tank

3, and the clowns don't leave their anemone.