Hey dude! Long time! How are things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am good. Moved to California and been pretty busy. No time to set up my tank. Been doing a little research on the new nanos coming out.

• 2 weeks later...

I am good. Moved to California and been pretty busy. No time to set up my tank. Been doing a little research on the new nanos coming out.

Yeah, busy myself. Luckily the tank doesn't take a lot of work. I've moved down to nanos for the past couple of tanks, and I gotta say, they make it a lot easier if planned properly.

After some housekeeping, I've been able to clean the tank up a bit:

41750812231_99d6bcbee6_h.jpg

26882433047_b1327d6e0a_h.jpg

28028150728_a56a330ebf_h.jpg

I like your ric rock.

It’s growing pretty fast, I was surprised by that.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m going back to freshwater planted tank for my 75 and will set up my cube for soft corals.

Cool man, keep me updated! Something about corals keeps bringing me back!

• 2 weeks later...

Well. It seems uploading from the phone and Tapatalk only leads to messy links to pictures. Was looking through my SD card, here is a favorite just before I left last week on a business trip. Actually, right before the golden torch sold. 

41058077220_9caf84518a_h.jpg

I started with 9 ricordea, I now have over 25, mostly due to splits. I also now have 9 anemones! I really wish I had room/no humidity issues for a second tank, I'd love to do a nem tank! 

Those Ric rocks looking nice. 

Thanks! You used to see them all over the club. Full ric rocks in many tanks. I'd like to eventually cover the bottom with them.

great..

why did you remove the sand bed? no ph swings??

I love sand! Especially the look of it. My return was so high that it caused the sand to push off the front of the peninsula and form a mound in the middle of the tank. It was bare bottom in the front, a dune in the middle, and then flat in the back. I figured it was easier to go bare bottom for cleaning. Now I'm growing several corals on the glass and I'm not mad about it. I am not tracking my PH, so I don't know if there was a swing or not. 

Welp. Here some pictures. Everything is growing still. No issues, yet. The nems usually take up that entire rock, but they are all ticked off because I took the rock out and vacced the bottom glass just before this pic, lots of detritus. They have also started smothering my colony of Scrambled eggs, which is too bad, it was getting really big. I've moved them down to the floor, along with some Mummy Eye Chalice, Pocci birdsnest, saferackers, speckled fire and ice, and some other things, so hopefully the floor will start to fill up with those. Also, the GSP is growing in fast, won't be long until I have to trim that back gain as well. 

29159577808_6f1b49a510_h.jpg

29159576838_3e1ccf759b_h.jpg

28162752687_3bb956bbbf_h.jpg

I guess because I'm sharing pictures, I'll put these up as well:

28165304477_96d921ced8_h.jpg

43034183701_d5146f388d_h.jpg

28165305517_e33e099941_h.jpg

Puffer is fat  :laugh: Love it.

Puffer is also super curious. It's more like a dog than a fish, haha. 

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

This tank is beautiful! Keep up the great work. I wish I had skills on aquascaping. Mine is just a pile of rocks! I even considered hiring someone, but they charge too much.

Edited by A.ocellaris

This tank is beautiful! Keep up the great work. I wish I had skills on aquascaping. Mine is just a pile of rocks! I even considered hiring someone, but they charge too much.

Thanks for the kind words! You can scape, just takes practice!

As soon as I clean it, it's dirty again. Oh well, I guess as long as things are growing! I turned the white back on for these photos, but I have been running just blues for a long long long time now, or else I get crazy algae. 

41649257800_afc7ed18e6_h.jpg

41649256500_11d3b40a5d_h.jpg

42740949074_e62bf4bc0e_h.jpg

42740948194_69e0ed1b5c_h.jpg[

This is now down to my two clowns. I'm hoping this will eventually, with water changes, bring things to a balance. I had quite a few fish and I was feeding heavy prior. I have thought about passively running carbon, but I would like to do this as naturally as possible. 

very jealous of your ricordea collection. let me know if you want to frag them sometime.

I was looking back at pictures of what I started with, they are doing a lot of fragging by themselves! I’m hoping I can start another rock soon!