Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

Got the frag racks down. Feel good about it.

40122499431_9c528cea8d_h.jpg

39223105825_14a79d0dd6_h.jpg

no flow, but from the other side:

39223107345_4227d6c580_h.jpg

40122498061_08e664482e_h.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your nems are really bubbled up and look great! Mine are always stretched.

I need them to stay like that! The second they start getting willy nilly I’ll have to pull them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking great.  i can help you frag some stuff :)

Haha, there's nothing but frags in there!

Did that clown just find the anemone? How long did it take them to figure it out? I'm still waiting for my pair to discover that the tank is bigger than a few square inches in the upper corner.

Did that clown just find the anemone? How long did it take them to figure it out? I'm still waiting for my pair to discover that the tank is bigger than a few square inches in the upper corner.

Yeah, it’s mate found the frogspawn. They split up at night. They’re weird.

Maybe she snores.  :rolleyes:

It's very possible! 

My plight this weekend was attempting to fit a carpet anemone into this tank. It did have a bit of a walk about, luckily I was able to keep it contained. I did a few things to make this easier. One, I removed all the sand. Part of my low flow issue was keeping sand in place. There is the front portion of the tank that is staring to get coraline already on the bottom, and I thought I might just grow zoas on the glass, it'll soon replace and cover the sand. Well, almost all of the sand. I did this in two water changes, one Friday, and one on Sunday. Carpet did have a go at my ricordea garden, but pretty much everything else has made it unscathed thus far. Ironically, it seems to have settled onto my Anemone Island. I've cleared a big space for it, but in typical fashion, it's doing whatever it wants. 

I'll post pictures up once it's settled, and I have things looking a little better than disheveled. 

Took most of the sand out. Added carpet nem. Pictures:

39634835914_0d0901faa1_h.jpg

39634837184_961025b559_h.jpg

39634838164_4547b02c5f_h.jpg

39634840114_b2ecf71fdb_h.jpg

39634840784_d86dfe493c_h.jpg

There is a good line up here. Moved some SPS: Setosa, Disney, Sunset Milli

39634841454_5d846ce6fb_h.jpg

39634843994_7a4217e743_h.jpg

I've found not one, but two tiny rock nems growing on this rock. I'm pretty sure they came from the PO, I have moved a lot around, chipped a lot of rock, but still cool! Means I have 6 rock nems now, at least that I know about!

39634844614_2efba8dd6d_h.jpg

It's really looking great, Isaac.

Thanks, Alan. Still trying to keep from tweaking and just enjoying it. I regret pulling the sand, but I think it will be better in the long run. 

Why did u pull the sand?

A couple reasons. I was breaking down the other nano and needed to move the carpet over, and I thought I could keep it happy and easily remove it on a glass bottom. Turns out, it liked the sand part better, which works because it ended up just how I would have liked it.

Second, the amount of flow was determining the sand placement in a few spots for about 2/3 of the tank. It was a constant fluxing of me pretending I had any control and continuously moving it, and the front third getting bare bottom anyways.

Third, I realized the way my zoanthids are growing on the rock right now, I will probably have to move them somewhere in the next couple months, and the only other space is going to be the bottom. I intend to start gluing 

Looks great!  There's very little that beats a nice haddoni.  I wish they weren't so good at catching fish (or eating fish that blunder into them).  

Looks great!  There's very little that beats a nice haddoni.  I wish they weren't so good at catching fish (or eating fish that blunder into them).  

Thanks!

I agree, hard to beat, and this one really adds a nice pop to the tank. I did have a small "What have I done?!" moment in the first 24 hours, but I think once it's settled, its settled. This is slowly turning into an anemone tank...

nice carpet, makes me want to get one

Ugh. Buy this one. It’s on the other side of my rock this AM. On top of an Ultra Rock Flower Anemone. I had to run out to a meeting, will pull the URFN when I get home and hope the carpet stays put.

So the evolution of this carpet nem has kept me on my toes. It seems to like the back of the tank, but today it's on the glass bottom instead of the rock. I've removed the back rock structure, as to keep it from toppling over again, because that's what happened the first time. This 22 gallon space has been arranged several different ways in the past 5 or so months, it's getting to be a bit silly. Hopefully it'll nestle it's way into this area and be happy. I'd like to see my clowns hosting it.

38694223200_96886a136f_h.jpg

25634176877_432b3d6d95_h.jpg