• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tanks looking good we need to find a time to drink some beer

Thanks! Yes sir, one of these days!

homer-simpson-mmm-beer.jpg

Did your DD fish arrive ok in this cold?  I was thinking about ordering some, but wanted to wait until the end of the cold snap.

Sorry, I didn't get updates on these posts!

Did your DD fish arrive ok in this cold?  I was thinking about ordering some, but wanted to wait until the end of the cold snap.

Yeah, they arrived fine. I got them on a day I was working from home and made sure I signed up for UPS updates. Turns out it actually got delivered to a guy a few blocks over (I find out after I raise H-E-double hockey sticks calling in.) He brings it down and says "hey, they accidentally delivered this to me." Divers Den was fantastic, UPS, not so impressive. The bags felt a little cold, but were packed with heating packs, and I guess hadn't been left outside for long, took them a day or two to eat, but they are fine. This was also my first online order for fish. 

Looks great, love the clowns.  getting them a small haddoni?  

Hey, now there's a great idea. I ended up picking up some anemones from Leishman (WOW!)

I put them on a new center rock I added from my sump. I said while I was picking them up "they're going to go on a center rock in my tank." I was quickly reminded by Leishman that "They're going to go wherever they want." With all the stuff I have in there I can't really afford a walk-about, so hopefully they will stay on designated rock. Pictures to come.

I'm trying to clear everything off the racks and onto the rock. That way I can figure out placement, and start visualizing how the tank will work. As of now, I plain and simple have way to much SPS. Looks like I got a little ahead of myself. It's not going to enjoy it, but I'm going to move things around until I figure out what I'm keeping, and what's going. I tried to drill the big flat rock on the front piece structure. It started smoking. It's man made, but I don't know what the material is. I'm contemplating getting rid of it, i would like holes for frag plugs. 

New zoas:

-Sponge Bobs

-Fruit Loops

-Hallie Berry's

- Red Devil PE

- Rainbow Rhino

- King Midas

-WWC Twizzlers

New zoas:

-Sponge Bobs

-Fruit Loops

-Hallie Berry's

- Red Devil PE

- Rainbow Rhino

- King Midas

-WWC Twizzlers

let me know when fragging time comes

Some stuff:

Left: Strawberry Wines

Middle: Miami Vice

Right: Bowsers 

39006518704_032f38ee2e_h.jpg

Space Monsters growing in:

24846503817_026643bc24_h.jpg

New Rainbow Nem (bunched up and was just added to the tank)

24721460287_2467a61c83_h.jpg

Gold Torch Colony:

24846503097_38190cfbb5_h.jpg

Gold Hammer, Frogspawn, Nuclear Greens, RBTA, Setossa, Sunny D's, Reef Tech Starburst Monti:

24846502377_67eb2502b5_h.jpg

nice photos. the golds and greens came out right. how are you setting WB?

Thanks! The WB on my camera is permanently set for aquarium life. I do touch up color to reflect what I believe my eye's see. Those above were taken under x2 blue plus bulbs only. I'll eventually get a reefbrite, I believe that'll be the extra pop in person I'm looking for. 

are those the sunny d's you got from me? also those are great shots

Yes they are. I can't remember how many heads I bought off you, but most of my zoanthids are growing at a rapid rate. 

Thanks! The WB on my camera is permanently set for aquarium life. I do touch up color to reflect what I believe my eye's see. Those above were taken under x2 blue plus bulbs only. I'll eventually get a reefbrite, I believe that'll be the extra pop in person I'm looking for. 

Yes they are. I can't remember how many heads I bought off you, but most of my zoanthids are growing at a rapid rate. 

you only got 2 or 3 heads from me and they are looking amazing

you only got 2 or 3 heads from me and they are looking amazing

Well, in that case they are growing fast I guess! 

That Gold Torch is sexy!

It surely is. I'm really happy with a lot of the euphyllia in the tank. I think I need to learn to stick with what I'm good at (which is what everybody else is good at, lol.)

Well, in that case they are growing fast I guess! 

It surely is. I'm really happy with a lot of the euphyllia in the tank. I think I need to learn to stick with what I'm good at (which is what everybody else is good at, lol.)

they do grow fast I am getting ready to frag my colony again

looks so nice, I have been wanting to add a bta to my 22g but have been afraid that it will move a lot. Does yours stay put?

Thanks! There are 3 in there. I've been fairly lucky with providing spots that they stay in, but you always take the risk. I usually turn off all flow and give them an hour to root in, usually on a rock with lots of crevices. You'll notice when the nems were added, the middle island was a new addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is chugging along. I was away for business, so kind of let it just do it's thing. Of course it looked better when I got back. I'm getting a little lax on my water change schedule, and I'm still feeding heavy, so I want to get better at one of those. I also need to get the frag racks out of there and get those frags on the rocks or sand. 

39983135722_598d94b4c6_h.jpg

39305191844_4b87a72b80_h.jpg

Beautiful man..what kind of camera did you use to shoot those pics?

Thanks! It's a Nikon D90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same camera. What lens are you using?

I have a variety of different lenses I use. The most recent shots were done on a AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm

Most of the other ones, especially closer up, are done on Nikkor 35-70mm

I have a variety of different lenses I use. The most recent shots were done on a AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm

Most of the other ones, especially closer up, are done on Nikkor 35-70mm

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking of picking up a macro specific lens. Gone a see if I can find a deal on ebay. Great pics by the way.

Edited by D805

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking of picking up a macro specific lens. Gone a see if I can find a deal on ebay. Great pics by the way.

Thanks! Ask up on WAMAS, that's how I found mine. Camera equipment is considered hobby related.