Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

Here's your annual reminder that nothing lasts forever, and you need to clean your equipment. 

IMG_5714.thumb.jpeg.4647a786d57eeb4cf0d3ffb2122d548a.jpeg

IMG_5715.thumb.jpeg.1259a829896814de49e45483068ff4f6.jpeg

IMG_5713.thumb.jpeg.b3b185028f020c1810bfda2904c7bb5d.jpeg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/23/2023 at 5:04 PM, AlanM said:

I see a tube worm right there.

Skimmer was over run, it was bizarre!

• 3 weeks later...

OK!

Back during this post I was talking about the difference weight wise in between an 80 and a 120, but running as a peninsula. That made people worried. Now I'd like to go back to running against the wall, which means I'd cover over 5 joists, but running a 170 gallon tank. Is this insane? Should I get an enginere out?  

This is too funny. After more than a year, I'm just getting around to setting up the SCA 120 and using your nano as my inspiration. I drilled it to set it up as a peninsula two weeks ago and I probably would've swapped it for your 80. Build thread coming soon

4 minutes ago, Abe said:

This is too funny. After more than a year, I'm just getting around to setting up the SCA 120 and using your nano as my inspiration. I drilled it to set it up as a peninsula two weeks ago and I probably would've swapped it for your 80. Build thread coming soon

Yeah, that's the way life works, isn't it?! 

• 4 months later...

Well. Lots happening for me. I got let go from a job I worked at nearly a decade in late August. 

I started a BBQ Pop Up Business.

Tank took a backseat for about 4 months. 

Cleaned the glass, did a water change. It's doing pretty well all things considered. 

53355688568_0f93d2cabf_k.jpg

53355918645_07e34df1a4_k.jpg

53355688623_f1d4ea69da_k.jpg 

53355688618_178796ae78_k.jpg

Tanks still looks great! You must have the right sauce. Good luck w/ the BBQ biz. Is it a food truck? If so, my 'hood does food truck nights.

On 11/25/2023 at 4:49 PM, WheresTheReef said:

Glad the tank is well. Sorry about the job. Where's the BBQ business? If I'm in the area I'd gladly support your business.

On 11/26/2023 at 1:08 AM, menglish said:

me too

Thanks! I'm mobile, so catering and different locations. Usually I'm in the Fort Totten are in Washington DC. 

On 11/26/2023 at 10:02 AM, nburg said:

Tanks look good. Wishing you all the luck with the new endeavor. 

Thanks, it's been a lot of work, but it's super rewarding. I'm shocked about the tank still looking nice!

23 hours ago, howaboutme said:

Tanks still looks great! You must have the right sauce. Good luck w/ the BBQ biz. Is it a food truck? If so, my 'hood does food truck nights.

Must have, it's called KISS Sauce, lol. 

It's a trailered offset, I've been overwhelmed with business locally, we'll see what happens in the new year months. 

Sorry to hear about the job but it sounds like it's been for the better! I'll keep an eye out for the truck the next time I'm in DC.

The tank is looking great. I love that candy cane colony. It's so clean. 

5 hours ago, Aquastudent said:

Sorry to hear about the job but it sounds like it's been for the better! I'll keep an eye out for the truck the next time I'm in DC.

The tank is looking great. I love that candy cane colony. It's so clean. 

Thank you, we're making do over here. 

That's my little frag tank. It's only 10 gallons, and I hardly touch it. The court jester goby is the only fish, and it's out all the time. 

• 1 month later...