Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

Well. This is happening. Who would have thunk, 5 years and one week to date, this would be going over my 22 gallon.

Alan was able to grow this

No doubt about why:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, nice.  Be careful you don't kill all your coral.  

BTW, it has 60 degree lenses on the leds, so if you put it closer than I had it you can mostly keep the glass clean.  I think mine was 18 inches above the water for the 75 gallon tank.

You're pulling the t5's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Maybe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we say overkill

Well, there's Radions.... and then there's this ^

I'm not sure if I can do thunderstorms or not, but I'll live. 

It does do thunderstorms and clouds too.  You can choose the channels for either.  For fun for a while I was running thunderstorms on the neutral white channel, but the flashing kind of drove me crazy.

Here's some shots from the iPhone X:

42919833344_8b4b8acf22_h.jpg

28749020377_31b102dc19_h.jpg

42732916935_cd3de7b42b_h.jpg

That's looking awesome. The colors look great!

Thanks for checking it out!

So here's the guy that wasn't going to do any SPS. 

So early 2018 there was the wind storms that took power down, and I was out of power for almost 3 days. Ironically, the slimers didn't fair well, here is a list of acro, what's demised, and what lives.

OId Acro List and what happened:

Green Slimer (The great power outage of early 2018)

Purple Slimer (The great power outage of early 2018)

Reef Gen Cerulean Blue Stag(The great power outage of early 2018)

Joe the Coral(knocked off the plug and found way too late)

Pink Lemonade (The great power outage of early 2018/nem attack, probably reverse those 2)

1.) Forrest Fire Digi

2.) Walt Disney

Fox Flame(My tank wasn't ready and this was a sensitive, and fresh fragged acro.)

3.) Strawberry Shortcake

4.) PC Rainbow

5.) Sunset Millie

6.) Tri-Color

7.) Green Tenuis

8.) Cali Tort

9). Setossa 

Some recent acquisitions (listed here so I can come back and hopefully figure out what's what)

10.) RR Pink Cadillac

11.) JF Fox Flame - I couldn't resist

12.) Golden Millie

13.) Yellow/gold acro

14.) RR Excalibur Millie

15.) RR Acid Trip Millie

16.) Cherry Corals Watermelon Millie

17.) ASD Rainbow Millie

18.) RR Event Horizon Millie  

19.) Unknown blue wild with yellow polyps

20.) Cornbread Purple Planet

21.) DCAquaculture Millie

I'm missing some, and after typing it out, realized that I also have Reeftech Starburst Monti, a blue Pocci Birdsnest, and a Rainbow Pocci Birdsnest. 

Well, this 22 gallons is not going to last long with just water changes, so I've got a doser, I'm increasing my water volume, and I'm going to start weeding out what's working and what's not. Also coming is I'm turning the middle sump section into a frag area, which will help me clean up my display. Stay tuned. 

I should probably just make a commitment to myself not to post any more photos until I can take those frag racks down... but here we are:

42145711740_886aa52332_h.jpg

43235573094_adb88a93c6_h.jpg

42145710820_128014269c_h.jpg

That coraline is starting to kick in. This was getting nipped on by an angel, so it is coming back in y bank. But look at that coraline, I'll hate it soon:

43235571874_9fff96b22b_h.jpg

New things. One of the best is the tank scraper, blows the flipper out of the water, finally cut all that hard to reach algae out, my tank has never looked cleaner!

29017579197_3971be083d_h.jpg

New doser mount hooked up. I have some reagents above, and a whole arsenal of testing kits. Going to track for a few days and see how everything ends up:

43236800204_a6e5d5ccaf_h.jpg

You can also get a tan with your new light bro ..tank is looking sick !!!  Can you please send me the link of the scraper bro ?   the flipper nano is not doing jack for my nuvo 20.  Thanks and keep up the good work !!!

You can also get a tan with your new light bro ..tank is looking sick !!! Can you please send me the link of the scraper bro ? the flipper nano is not doing jack for my nuvo 20. Thanks and keep up the good work !!!

From BRS, it’s the Algae Free scraper, I would suggest the longer handle version.

Just hooked the new light up tonight, had a wiring snaffu, so only running at 50% until I get it worked out, but it’s looking good!

wow. I remember you gave me most of the GSP and now it looks even bigger. 

Yup! Wouldn't it be nice is some of the Jason Fox stuff grew like that as well! 

The days of the T5 are behind us, although not sure if it's for good or not! These LED's are bright, less heat, we will see what growth looks like. Coincidentally, I've started to dose as well, so lots of changes in the past week. My alk dropped down to 6, and now seems to be back on a healthy path of 9'ish. 

I put filter socks back on. They've already filled up, and I should grab some more. I detest nothing more than cleaning filter socks. I replaced my ATO pump, so it's nice to not being doing top offs by hand. I just need to grease up the doser tubes and get around to hooking up the Apex and we're off to the races. 

43996013832_84f9ce48f8_h.jpg

One of the best nano I've ever seen around :D. I was about to ask you to test your ATI 36" par but you already replace the light... lol :D

Thanks for the kind words! I still have the light, but I’m not so interested in PAR, maybe I should be!