Traveling with ClownFishes!

reyc

Traveling with clown fishes and a heat pack... microwaved for one minute two times.... from boston to baltimore.... hopefully they make it. Only in bag for about 1 hour and seems to be ok they have not aten since about Thursday since they were going to travel... everyone at tsa was amazed lol and airlines no one seen many people travel with fishes.... but they seen penguins. And everything else... interesting i said these are 5 yrs old and are now laying eggs... and are probably worth about $300 now i paid $200 and now they are laying eggs so cant leave them....

3b5e837cf4180ef74df6551004487e80.jpg

f8b1d675d658a122e604f706d1e633de.jpg

Now i want to see if they make it so i can have them lay eggs and hatch :) for sure!

•Just got a new Rimless deep blue 57 gallon tank with t5 programmable led's! with blk stand - im in the MD AREA• NooB

The thing next to them is rubbish rocks from a sump to start my tank and waiting on my rodi , live sand, and salt

•Just got a new Rimless deep blue 57 gallon tank with t5 programmable led's! with blk stand - im in the MD AREA• NooB

Cool setup. Did they test the water at all?

Nope not in boston. If they open the bag i heard is. Bad for them.. they looked at it.. i took the rocks out and they put it through the X-rays and the hot pack... it couldn't be a gel hot pack. good thing i got like a beads one.

All worked out got some new salt water.... food... and making sure the temperature is leveled now before i put them in

I have rubble rock from an old tank.. and l am waiting on live sand.. they should be fine

Edited by reyc

Ill post some pics soon like this week

How much rubble is it? A couple pieces isn't enough. Use some kind of bacteria kick-starter.  When I have set up tanks in a rush, I used a standard amount of liverock in them, and used Probibio Biodigest to kickstart bacteria growth (I'm sure there are less expensive options). 

Dumb question: you microwaved the water before you put the fish in?

TSA did not open the bag?! They could easily have told you that you can't bring liquid thru security.

Dumb question: you microwaved the water before you put the fish in?

Ha! No, I think that he microwaved the heat pack. It was one of those kind that you can buy at the drug store that has moisture beads in it. You put them in the microwave and they warm up to provide moist heat to aching muscles.

I Microwaved a heat pack lol... i bought live sand and i got about 3lbs of rubbish rocks i only got clown fishes for now... wont be adding anything for about 1 month maybe... i also got some small rocks about 6-7 pieces i will be taking a pic of tank and posting it here this weekend... also i had a tsa

Friend help me through.. of course they did their job... they opened rocks bagged....there is no. Need to open bag with fishes in them.. you can clearly see through the clear bag... it could of killed them if they did that... the heat pack you want to get is the one with beads and not the gel beads ones...

Edited by reyc

Starting up

06e0a1f31120bf56a285aa7ef516d792.jpg

I also got a bottle of seachem stability bio filter bacteria liquid bottle. That i will put in when i add more stock after 1 month.

Edited by reyc

Wow man, hopefully they make it thru the cycle....for future it would be alot safer to have the tank set up and cycled before you get fish

They should be good i put 5 caps in of seachem stability and i put live sand in there and food and rubbish rocks enough to hold them down and ammonia is under 0.02 ppm. Will also put 1 cap in the tank for 7 days.

Edited by reyc

Ahh ive been had these fishes my brother was holding them for me since i broke down my 30 gallon fish tank... New tank picture. I will post soon. Water is a lot clearer.

Heres a quick video of them.

•Just got a new Rimless deep blue 57 gallon tank with t5 programmable led's! with blk stand - im in the MD AREA• NooB Edited by Origami
Embedded the video

Get an ammonia badge and put it in the tank to continuously monitor for ammonia. That's likely going to be your biggest threat. Get some more fully-cycled live rock in their, too. 

In a pinch, you can find an ammonia badge at PetSmart

Get an ammonia badge and put it in the tank to continuously monitor for ammonia. That's likely going to be your biggest threat. Get some more fully-cycled live rock in their, too.

In a pinch, you can find an ammonia badge at PetSmart.

I got one sir let me show you more pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by reyc

What kind of clowns? I saw you mention $200 for the pair.

They just normal clowns but they laying eggs. I got them with a bubble tip anenome and a huge rock that i let my brother keep at the time when i broke down my 30 gal tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk