Need help on Frederick md

Rayr18

I need some help from someone near Frederick..I am currently on vacation South America....I have someone watching the tank...the skimmer overflowed for a few hours somehow and the pump ran dry and fried...does anyone know of someone who can check this and maybe install a pump if I buy one on amazon..I currently have a much larger pump but it would need to be retrofitted.... I would pay anyone who could help...I currently moved the heater calcium and alkalinity into the main display...any ideas or help would be much appreciated..thanks

Edited by Rayr18

Reach out to Fintastic Aquariums and let me know there response if you can't find anyone. Let them know you understand they don't do service and just explain the situation or have your friend stop by. Owner is a local to you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jeskay and Dalton so thankful for your responses...I just ordered a similar pump from Amazon....going to to try to get the person watching the tank to help install the pump but if he can't I would like to find someone who can...receiving the pump Thursday hopefully two days w/o a skimmer will be OK. I definitely got some perspective today..I know this is not the end of the world as my wife and I just visited an orphanage in Peru today and those children are going through a much tougher situation than me and my tank. Everything will work out

Tank should be fine without a skimmer... just make sure the tank is not being overfed. Better the skimmer pump died than the return pump, IMO. Good luck and hopefully everything goes well. 

Tank should be fine without a skimmer... just make sure the tank is not being overfed. Better the skimmer pump died than the return pump, IMO. Good luck and hopefully everything goes well.

The return pump did die I had to move everything (probes heaters etc) into the display tank..don't have access to skimmer because no water is going to the refugium

Wish I could help, but I'm a bit far away. Perhaps Zygote could find time? I don't know if he heads your direction.