White bump identification, treatment

dnoll

I had posted this question in an old thread, but I suspect it went unnoticed so I'm reposting here. 

As I posted before, one of two juvenile clownfish died on me after a week and a half in a QT tank. I suspect there may have been issues with water quality, since I had trouble with two cardinalfish in the same QT process. 

I'm now posting about the second remaining clownfish, with what is probably an unrelated issue. The fish is not showing any behavior symptoms (eating, very active) but about a week ago I noticed a small growth on his right side under his pectoral fin. The growth is either white or transluscent (it's on top of a white part of his body), very small (<1mm), and an irregular shape. I have read a lot of threads about various illnesses (e.g. ich, dermatic cysts) and I am not experienced enough to know how to classify what I am seeing. I do not know if this is related, but he had become accustomed to sleeping against an algae encrusted rock on that side of his body. 

Any help ID-ing this issue and advising on a treatment protocol would be helpful. I have since moved him out of my main tank and into a separate QT tank. Out of an abundance of caution given my issues with my previous QT attempts, I am doing daily water changes of 20 percent on this tank. I have several medications on hand, but do not know what to use. In my closet are cupramine, prazipro, furan, kanaplex. I've seen some people say they have had success treating similar looking things with time and observation, hyposalinity, or various medications.

Thanks. 

post-2636409-0-25328000-1502987919_thumb.png

post-2636409-0-55140200-1502987927_thumb.png

post-2636409-0-47469300-1502987934_thumb.png

To rephrase my question, is there any reason to think that this type of bump is innocuous and the fish could be safely returned to my main tank?

A freshwater dip is one way to help diagnose.  I would do a five minute dip and see whether that blob or anything else falls off the fish.  

A freshwater dip is not going to harm a sturdy type of fish like a clownfish, especially when it's relatively healthy to begin with.  I would be more cautious if the fish was on death's door.

Thanks, I will try the dip.

I have looked at pictures of lymphocystis, and I suppose to possible. It looks like he has a couple bits of couscous stuck to his side.

I'm going to continue keeping him in QT with daily wate changes and vary his diet. I have read that good water quality and a varied diet is the only thing to do for lymphocystis.