Skimmer acting up

linkfalcon

Picked up a used skimmer from a good friend will attach a few pics below be

So it was running fine for a few days and today got home a cup is full of water and overflowing all over so just opened the gate valve all the way up and is still over flowing the cup it has a single pump and is feed by a mj1200 4c02d3c22039da1f60ce8dff855ee123.jpg345799eac96a76a166418f42cb8e9299.jpg3010f132ac9f4249d9e999a10116c865.jpgfb2e4d84b00204be1762de8faf3c4253.jpg

Do u know what could be going on or what changed or what the suggested water height is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jeff,

I just replied to the email you sent in, but now looking at these pics, I see you have a shallower sump section.  Can you try putting it in there and seeing if that at least slows down the overfoaming?  I suspect it's something in the water, as this looks like a fairly new system (or you keep a really clean sump!)  Suggested depth is about 7", but where you have it now should work fine.

The system is a 54 corner broken down and moved into a 105 the the water is at about 11 inch the other section is for a fuge and skimmer will not fit over there and I did rember that I did add filter socks last night and did not prewash them do u think this could be the cause of the problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk