DIY aquarium controller

WishNewFish

I am planning to build an aquarium controller which will be internet connected (web interface) - {future expansion into mobile interface and ability to control with SmartHub/Alexa}

anything with {} is future capabilities

Inputs to the controller - 

Feed switch - which will keep just the lights on and everything will be turned off

Temperature probe

Ph probe

Multiple float switches in my sump and in my saltwater mixing container.

{Leak detector}

{Cameras} - to show the tank and sump for remote monitoring.

{Salinity probes in sump and in saltwater mixer} - heard these probes are not accurate and require a lot of maintenance 

Output controls -

2x 8 port power sockets - modified two surge protectors to connect to the controller which should control all my equipment.

{control DC motors and other equipment which are controlled by DC power voltage}

Small speaker for alarm.

{LCD screen} - which I don't plan to use, since I want to control everything from my phone/web interface.

Current equipment I run:

Return pump

ATO pump

LED lights

Refugium light

Skimmer

Gyre

Heater

Saltwater mixer powerhead

New saltwater inlet pump

Old saltwater outlet pump -> to drain

{Auto feeder}

{Reactor(s)}

{Doser(s)}

Any suggestions on additional inputs I'm missing to controller?

Any failsafe measures or logic I should implement?

The controller is a device which has GPIO ports and lots of other LCD, UART etc capabilities which I wouldn't be using.

It runs on linux and has bluetooth/Wifi, webcam, USB interfaces and is powered by USB cable and has a small battery which acts as backup power.

Currently I am able to connect float switches, feed switch and control my power ports based on what ever logic I want.

Ex:

To do a water change,

1. Make sure the float switch in my saltwater container is closed (container is full)

2. Turn off all devices except lights and gyre

3. Turn on Drain pump in my sump till the bottom float switch is triggered to open

4. Shut off drain pump and turn on new saltwater pump in my saltwater container till the bottom float switch in my container is trigger to open and/or top float switch in my sump is closed (meaning sump reach its max safe limit)

Note: I am doing a dry run and the above setup in not running on my aquarium yet until I am sure everything is running fine.