Few new pics of my 120...

GOSKN5

I dont feed anything in the tank except the fish.. although I do feed LRS pretty heavily.. so I am sure they get some...

The red one is a goniopora the green and purple one is an alveopora..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks. Do you have an idea of the par levels they are thriving at?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Do you have an idea of the par levels they are thriving at?

I dont know the par levels. Although I can tell you it is relatively low. I have had the red one at various levels and it did not like high light or even medium... it's now almost shaded by the big gorgonian and has never looked better.. I run fairly low light overall..

I dont know the par levels. Although I can tell you it is relatively low. I have had the red one at various levels and it did not like high light or even medium... it's now almost shaded by the big gorgonian and has never looked better.. I run fairly low light overall..

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks amazing!!!!

Tank has been up and down.. dealing with a little bubble algae some cyano and also lost 4 decent size birdsnest (I think my alk got too high)...

Still love it tho... just have a few holes to fill in now...

ca262482d936eae46fb120ada893813e.jpg4e0db18aebc22925f206930d91f2808d.jpg279ffdace1266e4d7ba8aba4076a28f5.jpg5ecd1d2f4f29cc9ae1ea9c9d59510113.jpg61375df6e7df82d6084c47d3461288d2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sweet upgrade. Very jealous. Can't wait to see it develop in a new build thread. I don't have the space to go that large in our current townhouse, so I'm looking forward at the chance to live vicariously through your build pics.

Thanks yall! Yea I'm stoked...

Long story short.. I have always wanted a 6 foot tank. I love fish and watching them swim the length of a tank is literally my favorite thing about this hobby..

About a year ago I bought a brand new 125 from my LFS.. had it drilled, brought home, plumbed it up, filled etc. And it leaked immediately...

I was so frustrated I got a refund and set my 120 back up... said I would never do it again haha.. welp here we go... I couldn't let go of the 6 foot tank dream haha.. I pray this one doesnt leak (I will be testing it first haha)

Hope to have it wet by mid January or so. Gotta build the stand and get a few supplies!

Awesome!  Are you going to stock even more corals or just let what you have grow out more?  If your going to stock more what are some of the pieces you have your eye on or wish you could get?  Your tank is up there with the best softy tanks I have seen, great placement and species choices.

Well I appreciate the compliments man! Unfortunately, I sold a BUNCH of corals for two reasons...

To pay for the tank

To simplify the transfer process

I kept my large gorgonians, red goni and big green leather (although its not doing well for some reason)

So there will definitely be a bunch of new corals added... I considered going heavy SPS... but that just isn't my thing... likely will be extremely heavy on zoas, mushrooms and softies.. probably some montipora, favias and euphyllia as well.. also considering some macro algae as I have always incorporated them in when possible... (if I can do tang proof varieties)

Really excited about the fish opportunities as well.. planning open, low rock work with the gorgonians providing the height