GOSKN5

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Not sure what you mean? But ok!

Haha, I just mean like there is no coraline, or algae, it's very white and clean, and beautiful, I could never get something to look like that!

Zoom in haha... I don't wanna point it out but the overflow is covered in coraline, the return pipe on the top is covered in green algae... also behind the rocks where ya can't see is covered too haha... it's there, I mainly keep the front bottom and the sides clean... along with the top back...

Also.. shhh.. there are a few aiptasia on one rock.. (drives me freaking nuts) haha.. I get em with kalk when they get big... darn things...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great use of fish size and gargonias. Big fan of not cramming large fish into a system and allowing corals/gargonias to grow without overwhelming the tank. Very natural looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoom in haha... I don't wanna point it out but the overflow is covered in coraline, the return pipe on the top is covered in green algae... also behind the rocks where ya can't see is covered too haha... it's there, I mainly keep the front bottom and the sides clean... along with the top back...

Also.. shhh.. there are a few aiptasia on one rock.. (drives me freaking nuts) haha.. I get em with kalk when they get big... darn things...

Well now that you've mentioned it, what a garbage looking tank ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

Cool top down shot 6d685ccdca5ebfa29ce366c61ac6be06.jpg

What a gorgeous clam. Also what are those orange zoas?

What a gorgeous clam. Also what are those orange zoas?

Thanks!

The ones right beside the clam? I think they are AOG... but not sure... some I know names some I dont..

This looks amazing. Can you tell us about your tank... water parameters, lighting schedule, dosing routine, maintenance etc? Thanks

Thanks!

Parameters are pretty standard... CAL 430, ALK about 8, MG 1300 or so.. I dont measure anything else at this time.

I run a filter sock, barebottom, large skimmer and gfo/carbon reactors (occasionally as needed)...

Dose BRS 2 part each day manually...

2 T5 bulbs retrofit in canopy with two LED black boxes... run only blues on LED st 35%.. Geismann T5 bulbs..

Flow is all Tunze poweheads (3)..

Clean filter sock and skimmer weekly, siphon out detritus every other week, change 5-10 gallons of water every 2 or 3 weeks... clean glass regularly..

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I dont feed anything in the tank except the fish.. although I do feed LRS pretty heavily.. so I am sure they get some...

The red one is a goniopora the green and purple one is an alveopora..