Any reefers near Capitol Heights MD?

NightOwl

I may need some extra hands to move a new tank next Saturday (June 17th) around 8:00 AM.  I know it's Father's Day weekend so trying to get the tank moved in the house early and letting people get back to their families.  If there are any reefers near Capitol Heights  or volunteers that may be able to help please send me a PM.   Some details about the move and what needs to be done. 

Will need to offload from a UHaul truck (Tank is going to be kinda heavy -  82" x 40"  x 26")

Will have to be moved through an basement egress window around the back of the house.  When we moved he stand in i built a ramp so this will help not having to hold the weight of the tank the whole time.

Will need to be lifted up onto a 40" stand in the fish room.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

That looks sweet Henry! That stand is a monster. The overflow on the end is really clean as well. If you paint the other side and back black it will disappear completely. 

• 2 weeks later...

That looks sweet Henry! That stand is a monster. The overflow on the end is really clean as well. If you paint the other side and back black it will disappear completely. 

Mike that stand is heavy duty.  Top is made from 2 x 4 steel the rest is 2 x 2. It's overbuilt for sure but I did not want to take any chances.  The guys over at Capitol Heights Iron Works did a great job.  Check them out if you need a custom stand!  That's actually the back side of the tank in the picture.  It's in the fish room.  The front will be framed like a picture.  So you will be able to look through the front and see into the fish room.  Three sides starfire glass so no painting it.  More sides to keep clean but this was my dream tank.

NIGHT OWL i am 5mins from capitol heights so if you need a hand lmk cuz i will once i get a tank. DC (metro) area folks gotta stick together.

Ummm, new build alert? When are you going to throw that together so we can all drool? 

NIGHT OWL i am 5mins from capitol heights so if you need a hand lmk cuz i will once i get a tank. DC (metro) area folks gotta stick together.

jamal - Thanks for the offer.  Let me know what you decide to get...I think I remember your name from back in the day as being one of the DC reefers.  I don't mind lending a hand.

Ummm, new build alert? When are you going to throw that together so we can all drool? 

YHSublime - I spend the majority of my time over at RC and have a thread there.  I tried the having threads on multiple sites and it was a pain :(.  If you search in the large tank forum look for Finally My Custom Miracle Build with Fish Room.  I use the same name on the board as well.  Its slowing coming along.