Australophyllia Wilsoni

Lowefx

I have always been a big fan of these corals. Since MACNA, these becoming very popluar again. They seem to import them every few years.

Does anyone have any long term information on these?

I have had mine for a few months. I've noticed that too much flow, they begin to recede. They also like low light. Feeding is done every other day with a mix of small Aqua Fauna pellets, reef roids, and mysis. My larger green Wilsoni is less effected by flow (tennis ball size) but my rainbow (half a golf ball) was effected and since moved.

Pics for more attention and I hope someone in the local community can help with care information.bbb08fa3aff76581f1a920886e55e901.jpgcc311be3b3893e71d5991c6e1096ffd8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Okay, I really need help to stop the receding. PLEASE HELP. It's the only coral acting like this. I'll take tests tonight

(edited)

Okay, I really need help to stop the receding. PLEASE HELP. It's the only coral acting like this. I'll take tests tonight

Parameters? Trates? tank temp? cal, mag, ph?

What is it downstream of? Stinger upstream from it?

Without knowing anything more than what you've told us the first thing I would do is put it in shade --yes shade but not too dark. See if it stops receding after 3 days in the shade. If it does I'm gonna strongly guess too much light.

I did this same thing with a large alien eye chalice recently. I left it in light but not dark shade for a week and then slowly moved it out into the light. Its doing great under only 35 par.

Also, try feeding it.

Edited by sen5241b

Ok a few things were low.

Ca-380

Kh-5.4

MG-1300

Nitrate-.75ppm

Phisphate-.08ppm

Potassium-420

Temp-80

Salinity-1.026

I hand feed every other day. I'm also dosing to bring parameters back up within the next 24hrs.

It looks to me like bleaching from too much light.  I would put the coral in the shade and occasionally feed it.  I would also increase your alkalinity and keep it around normal.

Good luck!

Yeah I didn't realize things were that far off. I usually test every week, but that was more than a little off. As far as colors, the camera makes them look pale, but in actuality the colors are very bright. The rainbow in in the bottom corner of my tank. If it continues to lighten up, I'll have to put it under a rock. I also use Zeovit so most colors are light and bright.

• 1 year later...

New coral, new problem... HELP! It appears to be STN. Temp 77, no3-0.25, po4-0.03, alk 7.8, ca 420, mg 1380, day par 240, evening par 100. I'll try moving to lower par.f08cc9712a4cbea530fd508ca4a2c35f.jpg

Try shading it and lowering the flow. Maybe it’s getting to much of both. How about a full tank shot to see where it’s placed. 

Try shading it and lowering the flow. Maybe it’s getting to much of both. How about a full tank shot to see where it’s placed. 
It was in the front middle. I have moved it to the front corner. 100 par less now.

Wilsoni's can be finicky (as you can notice by this post). I've taken in a few over the years with bleaching and recession. They tend to recover with low lighting, heavy feedings, and low flow.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk