Laundry Soap in tank a lot of foam!!!

motti

(edited)

Hey all,

Someone some laundry soap made it's way to one of my felt filter socks. Nothing died, but a lot of foam everywhere, so I had to turn off the skimmer.

Right now I run carbon, and already changed 40g yesterday (around 300g system). Is there anything else I should be at this stage? or just let the activate carbon do it's thing?

846bb5ef2bd54a37ae9fcdb0a1fa2f87.jpg

Edited by motti

I think carbon in a reactor or canister filter is a good idea. You could try polyfilters also.

I would drain the sump and clean it out if you can. Has the foam made it to the display or is it confined to the sump

Maybe use a shop vac on any foam you can get to help get rid of it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

The foam will come back. I think one of the filter socks came in contact with a little bit of soap. I should have probably have removed the filter sock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would drain the sump and clean it out if you can. Has the foam made it to the display or is it confined to the sump

There's a little bit of foam in the overflow... it's pretty much where there is strong flow with air

Try letting the skimmer remove it for you. Connect a tube from the skimmer cup drain line to a container and let it foam away. Replace the removed water with fresh saltwater.

Try letting the skimmer remove it for you. Connect a tube from the skimmer cup drain line to a container and let it foam away. Replace the removed water with fresh saltwater.

That's a great idea I will try it out tomorrow morning

This morning the foam is pretty much gone, seems like the activated carbon took care of it