Moving Apex Breakout Box gears to a Profilux (without PLM-Adin)

Fishie

(edited)

hey guys, new to GHL..got myself a P4 and was going to get a PLM-Adin to connect my Avast Skimmate locker (Apex bare wire breakout box version)

Then i spoke with Avast and here is an alternative approach.

Parts needed

1) MiniDin6 connector. I got this from amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) I need 1 connector but yah more for the stash that i'll never find again once it goes into storage

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) Multimeter

ok, now cut/strip the Minidin6/PS2 cable and pull out your multimeter and set it to continuity test. Avast told me what that was...it's a symbol which looks like this ->I

499816629d5efacdc21d8fce63c3f857.jpg

ac12d2e616c501f67a7b66e51b176c8a.jpg

1) With nothing connected open GCC & you will see the following under the Level port settings. In my SS you see L3/L4 with x,x indicating nothing there. Do not configure any parameters yet.

d2186fc451e12209fa213907fe2ba521.jpg

2) Now connect one end to your Profilux and start going across to wires with your multimeter while monitoring GCC. in my case this is connected to L3/L4 with no splitter so with the right connection I will see the L3 state change from X,X to -,- as seen below

1afe36e04262c3b80179f91a18a4d64b.jpg

3) When you get this result go ahead and connect the 2 wires from your float switch or Davy Jones locker to the connector tabs from the P4 minidin6. Now you can configure the corresponding Level port for leakage detection. I configured sensor 3 for leakage detection. Configure your Programming logic to factor in the corresponding level port ( in my case L3=Fill water 3) and match that to your skimmer under outlets.

under normal operating conditions the level settings would look like this.

88bfb16d82d3478948420c24930d9bd1.jpg

4) Now insert the Davy Jones pressure switch in a bucket of water and trigger a Skimmate locker full condition. you will see the alarm trigger as below and the Programming logic shuts power to the skimmer.

b027c22745cdf1fb3cc8de543d584520.jpg

that's it !

Edited by Fishie