Jellyman Jon (Jellyfish Art) 16 Gallon Biocube

DrReef

Hi Guys! Just wanted to extend a huge thank you again to everyone who came to the meeting last Saturday. It was a lot of fun and hope you guys learned a little bit more about Jellyfish! 

I have a new Nano build I am working on. I am not a fan of the stock lights so I am taking the hood off and putting a Kessil on it to get some better pop of blues and what not. 

Hope you enjoy following along. Definitely different than my old 80 gallon cube :) 

Corals

Pulsing Xenia
Branching GSP
Red Superman Mushroom
Bonzai Shroom rock
Galaxy Zoanthids
Matting GSP

Livestock

Platinum Picasso

More to be added as I continue the build! 

post-2636346-0-64308000-1493222045_thumb.jpg

post-2636346-0-47888900-1493222049_thumb.jpg

post-2636346-0-98661600-1493222051_thumb.jpg

post-2636346-0-41020900-1493222055_thumb.jpg

Those mushrooms are pretty cool. I'm not sure I've seen anything quite like them - like nearly-ricordea-but-not-quite. Where'd you pick them up?

Hi MisterTang...I grew these in California and had them shipped over when I moved to Florida. They are a hybrid of St. Thomas and Bounce mushrooms when we were grafting experimentally about 5 years ago. This was our result and never came up with a clever name for them and this is the one remaining colony that I am aware of. Most of my mother colonies are at a shop in California called California Aquariums https://www.caliaquariums.com/

I can see if they have some of my other varieties and be more than happy to share some specimens with you! 

Hi MisterTang...I grew these in California and had them shipped over when I moved to Florida. They are a hybrid of St. Thomas and Bounce mushrooms when we were grafting experimentally about 5 years ago. This was our result and never came up with a clever name for them and this is the one remaining colony that I am aware of. Most of my mother colonies are at a shop in California called California Aquariums https://www.caliaquariums.com/

I can see if they have some of my other varieties and be more than happy to share some specimens with you! 

I will definitely take you up on the offer when my tank is a little more mature. They look fantastic!

I was half expecting you to share photos of your jellyfish tank!  :laugh:  Beautiful clown and those mushrooms are unreal!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...