Fixing a ATI T5 light

Rayr18

Hello  Everyone,

I have an 8 bulb ATI T5 that needs some TLC..  Can someone point me in the right direction to get this fixed?  It needs a new power cord and the fans aren't running..

Like Eric said, YouTube and you will see how to do just about anything you need to do. The fans are very easy and cheap to replace (they may be just stuck) and ballast and power cords are also not very hard just make sure you follow the directions and have a little patience!!

Tom

Thanks ..This is an ATI T5 I bought from someone from wamas where the power cord was jimmy rigged..probably not very safe.....I have looked at youtube but have not seen anything about how to replace the power cord.

replacing the power cord is easy I had to do it a few years back when my reefkeeper decided to go nuts and fry the end of one of the cords. You can get the replacement cords from Home Depot or Lowes. You will take the unit apart, disconnect the current power cords, and attach the new cords. If I recall correctly the wires are connected to the unit with the twist type of connectors. As for the fan, I never had to do work on those so I can't help there unfortunately.

Fans are easy, you can order the parts from ATI directly, or you can reach out to a local vendor to help you source them. Hardest thing about getting the lights apart are the small torx key you'll need. 

Thanks ..This is an ATI T5 I bought from someone from wamas where the power cord was jimmy rigged..probably not very safe.....I have looked at youtube but have not seen anything about how to replace the power cord.

Not sure what youtube vids you have seen, but here is a good channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ATINorthAmericaTV/videos

Depending if you have the sunpower or powermodule will depend how easy it will be. Fitting the cords and ballasts into the powermodule is extremely SNUG! They barely fit...

I would say if you can post some pictures of what you are working with you will probably get some more insightful input. Goodluck!