*Official Zoa Growout Challenge!!!*

mari.harutunian

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I typically see grow out threads have 2 threads. One is for check ins only, and the other is for conversation and friendly trash talking. lol :)

Zoa Grow Out Challenge Results To

Just in case there are more of these, you might want to give some kind of identification such as species name, a or date or number

Hey guys I am running a bit late. I should be at the meeting by 2pm. If anyone else wants to join please text me within the next 10 min at 9706919009 if you want in. Cutoff for entries is 12:45.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

looks like smohr123's has a second head started already and its not even in his tank yet.

looks like smohr123's has a second head started already and its not even in his tank yet.

Wow that's lucky. Maybe they grow super fast. They were fragged a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's lucky. Maybe they grow super fast. They were fragged a week ago.

Am I seeing it wrong in the other thread?

No it looks like he has a tiny head on the side.

No it has a second head and most likely did when it was fragged.

These grow out challenges can be difficult because it's not possible to frag all of them the same. Some polyps end up being healthier than others from the start.

In my experience I have fragged many individual polyps and held them side by side for months in the same tank. Some stayed single polyps and some turned into 4-5 polyps right next to each other. It is what it is~

I still think these contest are fun and if I didn't have too many commitments at the moment I would have joined.

Wow! Hacks! haha... I am going to start daily polyp-lab broadcast feeding in my tank just to catch up :P

Whatever it takes!

Wow! Hacks! haha... I am going to start daily polyp-lab broadcast feeding in my tank just to catch up :P

Whatever it takes!

Perfect response! :-)

Most likely this is fresh growth. Here is the pictures of the frags closed and fresh cut. 2 of the frags had some extra base flesh that could have quickly grew to another head in the short time.

02dbbf3a1cc9d0c7edd1f4b5c346810f.jpg

Whatever it takes!

lol

I'm I the only one running T5s in this challenge? It's like i'm being ganged up on by LEDs. this will be interesting.

I'm I the only one running T5s in this challenge? It's like i'm being ganged up on by LEDs. this will be interesting.

Closer to the source tank :p. I see it as an advantage.

It's ok. Don't worry. I claim sabotage last night by telegraham as the glue didn't hold :)

I had to fish for it and glue it back on the plug. It started opening back up, so now we all have one polyp.

It's ok. Don't worry. I claim sabotage last night by telegraham as the glue didn't hold :)

I had to fish for it and glue it back on the plug. It started opening back up, so now we all have one polyp.

Youre lucky you found it. I had one do that once and thought it was a goner. Found a colony like a month later. 

Youre lucky you found it. I had one do that once and thought it was a goner. Found a colony like a month later.

Great point! If that's the case, I wouldn't win, even if it grew. I might not be able to take monthly pics if I couldn't find it!

I actually found it since my lights were in actinic and there was a fluorescence floating around the sandbed.

Being all rough with your poor zoa! It sat on your desk all day nice and safe in a Mari/Fish of Hex sample jar.