*Official Zoa Growout Challenge!!!*

mari.harutunian

I am down to join, but I am not a member of WAMAS.

Where's the meeting this weekend? Can I swing by just to pick-up the zoa?

Let me know.

Benjamin

Edited by Nart

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am down to join, but I am not a member of WAMAS.

Where's the meeting this weekend? Can I swing by just to pick-up the zoa?

Let me know.

Benjamin

If you want you can pick up your frag at my place in Sterling as it is much closer than the meeting (Meeting is in Bethesda MD).  Shoot me a PM and we can hash out the pickup.  Its really worth signing up for the club. you get access to all the meetings including Frag Fest. And you get access to all the members only sections of the forums.  The forsale section alone is totally worth the $20.  

Edited by sethsolomon

I won't be at the meeting because I am too busy but I keep coming back to this thread trying to figure out how I can make this work. tupid responsibilities...

@sethsolomon awesome. I will send you a PM. And yes, I do know that the $20 is well worth it. That's what I am afraid of lol. My original budget of my tank set-up has been 3 times over haha.

Mari - can you sign me up for the challenge! I will pick up the zoa directly from Seth.

Edited by Nart

I won't be at the meeting because I am too busy but I keep coming back to this thread trying to figure out how I can make this work. tupid responsibilities...

Anyone near you that can pick up the frags for you?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

1.Telegraham

2.Jeskay14

3.Pupchow

4.Mari.harutunian

5.Smohr123

6.Wcorbin82

7.Michealhwu

8.Nart

Three spots left!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Mari.

And the challenge is to see who can grow the most polyp heads at the end of 6 months?

Are there any requirements? like, we have to leave it on the frag plug.

(edited)

Thank you Mari.

And the challenge is to see who can grow the most polyp heads at the end of 6 months?

Are there any requirements? like, we have to leave it on the frag plug.

Yes. The contests ends the day before the fall meeting which is also in Bethesda. This can be used as a prize pickup for the winner if it's convenient to them. As for rules:

1.Everyone should post a quick write up of their system(lighting, reactors, size, dosing feeding, picture, etc)

2.You will be required to post photo updates each month. You will have a two-week window- a week before and after the 20th of each month. I will post reminders and pm anyone getting close to the deadline. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.

3.Please, no cheating. Cheaters will be disqualified. This is meant to be fun and fair for everyone.

4.Zoa must remain on original plug unless given permission to put on a larger plug/ceramic plate. This has to be supported with a picture of the original plug being too full and a picture after on the new plug/plate.

5.If you drop out or fail to post on time there will be no refund as all the money went to pay for the zoa.

Edited by mari.harutunian

@mari.harutunian dang it! I was planning on daily feeding of polyp-lab. took away my cheating sauce ;) kidding.

sounds fun!

@mari.harutunian dang it! I was planning on daily feeding of polyp-lab. took away my cheating sauce ;) kidding.

sounds fun!

Feeding isn't cheating!!! Cheating is taking pictures of different colonies lol.

I would like to be the 9th on that list. I'll be at the meeting sat. I can pay now or at the meeting.

1.Telegraham

2.Jeskay14

3.Pupchow

4.Mari.harutunian

5.Smohr123

6.Wcorbin82

7.Michealhwu

8.Nart

9.Smh254

Two spots left!!!!!!

I would like to be the 9th on that list. I'll be at the meeting sat. I can pay now or at the meeting.

Got you down! Payment info has been pmed to you.

(edited)

Make sure to check your inboxes!! Participants have been pmed with payment info. I have only heard from Nart, Telegraham, Pupchow, and Michealuwu.

Edited by mari.harutunian

1.Telegraham

2.Jeskay14

3.Pupchow

4.Mari.harutunian

5.Smohr123

6.Wcorbin82

7.Michealhwu

8.Nart

9.Smh254

THREE spots left!!!!!!

(I accidentally deleted the #12 somewhere down the line...)

Can we get a pic that's not all blue?

i purchased a the same coral from him a few weeks ago. This is what the frag looks like under 50/50 white blue. Looks way better in person though!!6dbc69c11dd8764d974dc46040f3a1fa.jpg

1.Telegraham

2.Jeskay14

3.Pupchow

4.Mari.harutunian

5.Smohr123

6.Wcorbin82

7.Michealhwu

8.Nart

9.Smh254

10.Dpasser12

Two spots left!!!!!!

Are we allowed to know what lights they are growing under right now? Just curious...

Seth says he uses 20k radium halides, 4bulb t12 vho, and reefbrites. I feel inadequate lol :-)

Will we have a private thread to post all info/pics? Or doing it through this thread?

See I was thinking about that. Would two threads be more or less confusing do you think? This one could be for questions/comments/conversation and the other could be for strictly picture updates and tank bios. I'll be asking the people picking up at the meeting too which is why I put this idea off for a bit.