Jerel's ELOS Midi - GHL Controlled

Interesting.  So one thing I've worked on recently is a little Arduino driven bubble controller that accepts 0-10V input to determine the bubble rate on a CO2 tank.  It basically triggers a 10ms opening of a Clippard mouse solenoid.  At 10V it just holds the thing open.  At 0V it never opens it and from 0.1 to 9.9 it goes from one bubble per minute to 10 bubbles per second.

I will put it on my calcium reactor once I start growing coral in earnest.  Then I'll program the ReefAngel so that it reads the pH on the calcium reactor probe and bumps the voltage higher or lower on the bubble controller to keep the pH constant.  

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting.  So one thing I've worked on recently is a little Arduino driven bubble controller that accepts 0-10V input to determine the bubble rate on a CO2 tank.  It basically triggers a 10ms opening of a Clippard mouse solenoid.  At 10V it just holds the thing open.  At 0V it never opens it and from 0.1 to 9.9 it goes from one bubble per minute to 10 bubbles per second.

I will put it on my calcium reactor once I start growing coral in earnest.  Then I'll program the ReefAngel so that it reads the pH on the calcium reactor probe and bumps the voltage higher or lower on the bubble controller to keep the pH constant.

That sounds like a neat project for a calcium reactor. Is there a link for me to check it out?

I'm debating on how I'm going to setup my calcium reactor for my frag system. Calcium and Alkalinity electrodes are a welcoming feature for aquarium controllers this year, but at what cost !? Lol

Possibly the cost of a marriage, or Mama gets a pair of Red bottoms  :laugh:

Possibly the cost of a marriage, or Mama gets a pair of Red bottoms :laugh:

Ha! Good thing that I'm not married.

I forgot to mention that GHL has an expansion card(PLM-ADIN) that has two analog inputs that measures 0-10V. These two inputs will appear as sensors within the system to allow control for various actions, however. One would need to do their own parameter conversion outside of the system level. 

Voltage01%20%281%29.JPG?raw=1

I'll be utilizing the four other connections for digital inputs.. One being a Avast Marine Barrel Tender v2. 

BKM_9869.jpg?raw=1

Talkin' inhabitants..

I'll have to contact Artfully Acrylic concerning my interest in having a custom ClearView Lid built to house a pair of Golden Dwarf Moray Eels (
Gymnothorax melatremus).

Constructing my sump is coming along..

Since i have a total of eight(8) level inputs on my ProfiLux 4. I have decided to utilize a float sensor within my mechanical chamber - Filter Sock- to trigger an alarm (as a reminder) whenever my filter socks become clogged, which would cause the water level to rise.

FullSizeRender%207.jpg?raw=1

Constructing my sump is coming along..

Since i have a total of eight(8) level inputs on my ProfiLux 4. I have decided to utilize a float sensor within my mechanical chamber - Filter Sock- to trigger an alarm (as a reminder) whenever my filter socks become clogged, which would cause the water level to rise.

FullSizeRender%207.jpg?raw=1

HAHA ! Love it a sensor for the filter sock ...now i've seen it all ;)

HAHA ! Love it a sensor for the filter sock ...now i've seen it all ;)

Ha! Prime example of a control freak or should I say.. experimentation.

Said to myself.. Why stop with just the following sensors when you have a PLM-4Level expansion card

2 Optical sensors for ATO plus AWC

1 Leakage Interface, sensor

1 9000 l/h flow sensor

1 Float sensor for the ATO reservoir

Sump photos..  I'm working on this project just about every night and i must say, not bad for my first DIY sump   :wub:  

My solvents and applicators arrived from Avast Marine this past week. I can't wait... !!!

IMG_0423.JPG?raw=1

Outlet(Drain) and Inlet(Fill) lines for Automatic Water Changes

IMG_0424.JPG?raw=1

A Tunze comline 0.900 water pump may be used as my drain pump if i decide not to use my GHL Doser 2.1.

1/4" Spears PVC is used here.

IMG_0422.JPG?raw=1

(edited)

Plumbing for my frag system has arrived, but i am waiting for my Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 3 to arrive and to be plumbed in as my return pump. Which of course will be controlled by my ProfiLux 3.1t controller. I plan to have a fairly large sump for the purpose of increasing the water volume of the system and a area to Beta test /review upcoming products.

IMG_0454%20copy.jpg?raw=1

Edited by Jerel

NAGA has the pumps local. FYI

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

I forgot they were Royal Exclusive dealers.  If I ever do my perfect tank I'll contact them for a fully loaded Dream Box. 8)

Nice return pump!

Somehow the picture isn't loading for me.  What's the pic?

Indeed :)

Strange that you are not able to see my photo !? Nothing special but +GF+ plumbing valves, pipe and fittings inside of my frag tank. Constructing a system is one of my favorite parts of this hobby !

Nice! I'll have to contact them regarding availability or contacts to drop-ship from Florida ? 

I forgot they were Royal Exclusive dealers.  If I ever do my perfect tank I'll contact them for a fully loaded Dream Box. 8)

Have you seen their new roller mat Dream Box? I'm curious about the idea of it but i dunno... 

I seriously thought about a Dream Box but just couldn't get myself to spend the money or the lead time on a custom one. Went with Pure Reef (after seeing yours Alan) and an RD 230 from NAGA. 

Im also a fan of GF piping. Mainly because I use to work near a Graingers but now just order through Zoro. Does anyone else locally carry them?

I seriously thought about a Dream Box but just couldn't get myself to spend the money or the lead time on a custom one. Went with Pure Reef (after seeing yours Alan) and an RD 230 from NAGA. 

Im also a fan of GF piping. Mainly because I use to work near a Graingers but now just order through Zoro. Does anyone else locally carry them?

I kind of feel the same way after becoming aware of Pure Reef,

Grainger is where i shop to acquire +GF+ piping. They have a branch not too far from where I work.

With the announcement of this summer's frag fest meet. I'm pleased to hear Manhattan Aquariums Joseph Carparatta will be speaking. I happened to acquire my PAX-Bellum ARID N18 from his business this past Memorial Day weekend, which came complete with the quick disconnect set. 

Here's a quick photo..
FullSizeRender%208.jpg?raw=1

Once you get it up and running, let us know how it works and if it's worth the price tag

Sure thing! And regarding the MSRP of $534.00. I think it's worth comparing it to a DIY reactor that can be made for under $100 or even the new Skims Macroalgae reactor.

Very nice!  They look very well built.

It's built like a tank with high quality components - Work of Art!

I'm about a month behind schedule with getting my system to a point to where it's cycling, however. That fulfillment is approaching and my Real Reef rock order to Dr. Mac's is imminent. I've done business with his company throughout the years and I trust that I'll continue to enjoy the welcoming experience.

You got it?! Sump is roughly 80% complete. I was quite generous with applying the solvent at a few joints, which caused the solvent to bleed out but I got the hang of it now. Given the time it takes for acrylic to fuse together securely. I'm thinking it'll be appropriate to do a leak test by Friday. I have a Sicce Syncra 2.0 that I'll utilize to simulate current throughout the sump for a few days.

Plumbing the return line/manifold is up next !