Jerel's ELOS Midi - GHL Controlled

GHL recently added a feature to the Mitras Lx7 called Photo/video mode, which increases the PWM frequency to eliminate banding when taking photos and videos. 

However, yet to have experienced banding with my Nikon D800. 

PWMf.JPG?raw=1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sweet!  I noticed a 'new firmware available' notice in Control Center when I was tweaking some settings in mine on Sunday ... but haven't yet had the time to download the update or check the release notes so to see what it contains. Will definitely have to try and find the time to do the update this weekend.

Sweet!  I noticed a 'new firmware available' notice in Control Center when I was tweaking some settings in mine on Sunday ... but haven't yet had the time to download the update or check the release notes so to see what it contains. Will definitely have to try and find the time to do the update this weekend.

It's a decent update, including master and slave improvements.  

Back panel of the sump is fusing tonight.

Top panel will receive the same treatment tomorrow !

IMG_0493.JPG?raw=1

Within the cabinet.. Sump is almost complete !

IMG_0499%202.JPG?raw=1

DIY Sump - Currently going through the phase of a leak test for a week. I'm confident that it'll hold but just in case...

IMG_0513.JPG?raw=1

Looking good!

Hopefully it'll be ready in time for Frag Fest ! Either way.. LFS hopping during that time. 

Any day now !?

IMG_0527.JPG?raw=1

And while..

Balling Method Dosing - Filling station -  Minimum four(4) months worth of each component for my specific system, 2 gallons each. I'll also add Tropic Marin Cations and Anions trace elements.

IMG_0526.JPG?raw=1

Looking forward to the end results of your hard work.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

nice.  looks like you got a Barrel Tender.  I like the description on the part C trace additives. I've never seen that before.  It's very literal: sodium chloride free sea salt.

Looking forward to the end results of your hard work.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

As i am getting closer to actually seeing something inside of my tank. I need to consider which top down camera box to get for my camera. 

nice.  looks like you got a Barrel Tender.  I like the description on the part C trace additives. I've never seen that before.  It's very literal: sodium chloride free sea salt.

I do ! The Barrel Tender v2 works in tandem with my 3rd gen ProfiLux controller and on-demand saltwater mixing. 

Ha! More simplified than NaCI free sea salt..

Before i took a break from the hobby. I had good results with the Balling Method back in early 2015, which i had received a generous shipment of these salts for being an early adopter of the GHL Doser 2. I figured why not continue the success. 

There's not much to it (Initial shipments to the US had a misprint for component C)

BKM_6648.jpg?raw=1

Acquired a 10 gallon polyethylene tank to use as my freshwater ATO reservoir.

installed a 1/4" bulkhead for 1/4" tubing to allow my GHL Doser 2 to draw freshwater from the reservoir.

Added a compression fitting in case i decide to utilize a float sensor within the reservoir, but that may not be necessary.. The doser will actually calculate the amount of water being dosed and will inform me whenever the water volume decreases by assigning a below minimum volume.   

I need more stickers !!!!

IMG_0545.JPG?raw=1

Tropic Eden tonga reeflakes sand is in ! Starting to add rodi water to the tank tonight. 

I'm planning a trip to Dr. Mac's Pacific East Aquaculture to pickup 30 or so pounds of real reef rock and a few pounds of cultured live sand.

IMG_0551.JPG?raw=1

Yesterday morning, had a five hour round trip to pickup 36 pounds of Real Reef and 1 pound of cultured live sand. The rock and sand where personally picked from Dr. Mac's grow out systems. I am truly impressed by the quality of this rock. It reminds me of the imported rocks that were collected from the reef before the ban.. I have yet to actually start aquascaping, but i kind of like how i have arranged the rock so far. I saw amphipods and stomatella snails this morning ! 

Quick iPhone shot..

IMG_0563.JPG?raw=1

Moving into the end of day 2.. Ammonia, Nitrite, Phosphate undetectable by Salifert tests. I have a Nitrate kit coming by the end of the week. Tank continues to show an array of copepods, however. I have a order of Algae Barns 5280 combo pack coming to introduce my initial CUC.  

FullSizeRender%209.jpg?raw=1

(edited)

I find it fascinating to watch the activity of crustaceans. The plan for my system is to create a natural ecosystem with an array of thriving crustaceans for nutrient recycling. They are starting to structure a extracellular polymeric substances on the substrate in high flow areas.

Edited by Jerel

Mounted a PropellerBreeze to my system last Friday and i am more than satisfied with its ability to keep my temperature at a constant 78 degrees, even when the ambient temperature reaches up to 88 degrees(Room receives a lot of natural sunlight durning mid day).

Started dosing phytoplankton five days ago and added Algae Barns three species pod mix. The algae reactor will go on-line later this week and a few trochus snails will be added to aid the stomatella snails with the diatom cleanup.

BKM_9876.jpg?raw=1

(edited)

Inbound corals from Reefwise.com

I think i did alright with my initial coral purchase. I'm trying to inhabit everything from Indo-Pacific/Australia. 

ORA Tri-Color Acro Valida
24K Gold Monti Cap 
Green/White Bounce Mushroom
Flamethrower Jawbreaker Mushroom
Japanese Sentinel Toadstool Leather
Seduction Zoas

Edited by Jerel

Once you get it up and running, let us know how it works and if it's worth the price tag

Follow up..

My Pax-Bellum ARID Reactor will be online this coming Wednesday. I don't have much of a source for nutrients just yet, so i'll dose the included Nitrate/Molybdenum supplements to keep my Chaeto from starving. 

If the retail price is still a factor for not owning one. Pax-Bellum will be introducing "Lower cost" ARID Reactors at this years MACNA!  

Brief update regarding the ARID reactor by PAX-Bellum.

Photoperiod, reverse light schedule.

System test results.. 07/12/17

Nitrate - Undetectable

Phosphate - Undetectable

Began dosing Nitrate supplements, dosed 4ml Nitrate = 1.0ppm for my volume of seawater.

System test results.. 07/13/17

Nitrate test sample value confirmed Nitrate value of 1.0ppm.

Phosphate - Undetectable

System test results.. 07/14/17

Skipped, no testing.

System test results.. 07/15/17

Test sample revealed a value of .02ppm.

Phosphate - Undetectable

Dosed 3.5ml Nitrate

I'll continue to dose Nitrates until I have a greater source of nutrients, fish and heavy feeding.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Added my initial fish this past Wednesday! 

+ Golden Dwarf Moray Eel, Gymnothorax melatremus

+ Wide Band Picasso, Amphiprion ocellaris

Photo by Reefwise.com
DSC1732-Edit.jpg?v=1501715187

Edited by Jerel

Indeed and here's the dwarf eel at day of acceptance. 

IMG_0797.JPG?raw=1