Fishofhex Online Coral Sale Review

mari.harutunian

Fishofhex.com is now officially open for sale. It opened last night and I was one of the first of many to order. Fishofhex, run by Travis, a local member, started as a YouTube page and now has a Facebook and a coral sale website. All corals were grown in his display and have had time to heal and you can see them in his many videos as well as the shipping and fragging processes.

The box ships overnight and has insulated foam board on all sides as well as a heat pack which was still warm when I opened the box at 11am. It comes with 5mL of coral rx, an order form, an acclimation guide, and a DOA policy.

All the corals are in hard plastic cups with screw on lids. The frag plugs are kept in place by styrofoam pieces. 2/5 frags had fallen out of the foam, and I notified Travis, and he said he started using rubber bands to fix them to the styrofoam a few boxes in. One of the cups leaked but it had been tied off with a plastic bag individually. All the cups are in a plastic grocery bag inside the insulated box and kept in place by newspaper, so even if it hadn't been individually wrapped, water would not have reached the cardboard or insulation.

The corals themselves appear healthy. I got a ponape birdsnest, pink birdsnest, montipora setosa, montipora digitata, and green skirted zoanthids. They sustained no tissue loss and none are bleached. I did, however, break one off the plug and knock it into my rocks lol. It's not very happy but it will recover.

Travis's profits go towards his next build, which is 300 gallons. He is always looking for feedback and provides great customer service. His prices are incredibly reasonable and 5 frags ship for $30 anywhere in the U.S..

Sorry for such a long and wordy review...

Overall, Travis provides healthy coral at reasonable prices with a very safe shipping method. However, the thing I appreciate most of all is that he is always looking to improve and listens to reviews and advice. Hope you guys look at his stuff! He's got some nice acros that will be coming off their healing time sometime in the next few weeks! Tell him Mari sent you :)

Edited by mari.harutunian

Oh sorry. He's close to me since I'm between PA and VA. He looks at the WAMAS forums but I'm not sure if he's a paid member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk