MDRC Frag Swap

surf&turf

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard this one before . Is it big and a lot of sell or just like regular meetings like Wamas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard this one before . Is it big and a lot of sell or just like regular meetings like Wamas ?

This will be a traditional frag "swap"with a mix of vendors and hobbyists with tanks setup to sell. It's been pretty well attended when we've done them in the past. Also a great place to meet new hobbyists from as far away as New York and Ohio in some cases. Should be fun!!

Planning to attend as this is way closer to me than anything WAMAS hosts. Thanks for the heads up

You introduced me to WAMAS several years ago through social media I believe, not sure if you remember that. WAMAS has been extremely helpful to me, as well as introduced me to lifelong friends. Please look for me at the swap, as I would like to thank you in person!

I may drop by as well since it's just a little ways from me, too. Why not?  :laugh:  BTW, I make most all of the WAMAS meetings, too.  :laugh:

Frank, I can't see the graphic from work. What are the hours for the Frag Swap? I'll add it to the WAMAS community calendar.

5$ for Wamas members. Thanks for posting up and sharing.

You're welcome, Daryl. Hope to see you there.

• 1 month later...

As someone who attends the WAMAS meets, the MDRC swaps and the swaps at TPP I encourage the WAMAS community to come out for this event. You guys will see a lot of hobbyist/vendors and variety you don't always get at the WAMAS meets alone. There are some great people to meet from the northern MD and PA area as well. It will definitely be an event worth attending. I hope to see you all there!

As someone who attends the WAMAS meets, the MDRC swaps and the swaps at TPP I encourage the WAMAS community to come out for this event. You guys will see a lot of hobbyist/vendors and variety you don't always get at the WAMAS meets alone. There are some great people to meet from the northern MD and PA area as well. It will definitely be an event worth attending. I hope to see you all there!

Thanks Graham!!

What time is the talk? Is there a schedule? Do we know for sure that we also get in for $5?

We've been assured by one of their officers that we can get in at the member rate. Bring your WAMAS card with you...

Sent from my phone

What time is the talk? Is there a schedule? Do we know for sure that we also get in for $5?

As Tom said above, it will be $5 for WAMAS members. You will need your membership card though, as we are unable to have the membership roster for WAMAS there. Pretty much all of us over the MDRC are card carrying members of WAMAS too, so you will be in good company. :)

As far as a schedule, setup will begin at 8am, with the doors opening at 11am. The current plan is for John to speak between 1-130pm with the raffle winding things down at around 3-330p. We are planning to have some frag packs from the vendors and hobbyists up for grabs in the raffle, as well as some other very cool equipment.

This should be a pretty good show! We have large number of vendors coming out from as far away as Va Beach and New York City, not to mention Jason Fox having a tank as well. On top of the vendors, there a bunch of hobbyists who will also have tanks setup to sell off all those frags they've accidentally made with their algae cleaner. :p. All kidding aside, this is really where the cross pollination is most exciting like Graham had mentioned. Being a member of WAMAS and attending frag swaps throughout Pennsylvania, it's amazing the difference in selection you see.

One last attendee we are always excited to have at our swaps, and he has yet to miss one, is Larry with the Williamsport High School in Pennsylvania. This is the high school that has been featured in various publications, that has a real focus on Marine Science. On top of that, Larry also runs the Tanks in Schools program, as well as the Reef Conservation Society, which is another sister club up in northern Pa (formerly NCPARS).

I hope to see a bunch of you at the swap, and if anyone is interested in setting up a tank, feel free to reach out to me via PM.

Thanks again for the hospitality here at WAMAS!!!

Chris

Here's a current vendor/hobbyist list for Saturday's Swap, which will most likely be added to this week:

Jason Fox Signature Corals (Md)

Pop Corals (Ny)

NY Coral King (Ny)

Albermarle Aquariums (Va)

Talon's Cove (Pa)

Mythic Reef (Pa)

Kingpin Corals (Pa)

Those Fish Geeks (Pa)

Supreme Reefs (Va)

7 Seas Reefs (Va)

Covey's Corals (Pa)

The Wet Pet Connection (Va)

Williamsport H.S. (Pa)

ATB USA Protein Skimmers (Va)

Tank Breakers (Pa)

Greg Polec (Pa)

Graham Schill (gws3) (Md)

ReeferMadness (Pa)

Chris Poss (Md)

Phong Tran (Pa)

Jason Haughey (Pa)

Jason Saunders (Md)

Daryl Leuck (Va)

Chris Roberts (Md)

Food will be provided by GK's BBQ, and they will be setup and selling right outside the venue.