Tunze Osmolator 3152 (ATO) help.

Tommy

Hey guys, my tunze pump is running but no water coming out at all, after i plug and unplug i can hear the pump running but no water is coming out of the tubing for toping off.  It's a brand new pump that i've just replaced because the last pump stopped working.  If you had the same problem before how did you resolve it ?  Thanks .

Edited by Tommy

Ok ...so the pump works but now it doesn't know when to stop lol, lucky my rodi reservoir  was only half full and it was filling the tank all the way to the top of the ri , i walked in and pull the plug just in time to prevent a spill over.  

Are you pumping the water from the reservoir to your sump and are they are the same level? The reason I ask is because that happened to me when I first set mine up. They were both at ground level and every time the ato pump water into the sump it created a siphon and kept dumping ro water in. I routed the water line up the back of the tank and now have it pump the ro water into the display and that solved the problem. If you do end up doing the just make sure the outlet of the line isn't submerged or you will be siphoning water out of your display into your ro reservoir. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand what you're saying, happened to me before too but this is not the same situation, the rodi reservoir is sitting under the display tank  stand.  Thanks for your input,  i think something is wrong with the float valve.   

Have you inspected the float switch to make sure it isn't stuck on? Check that the float moves up/down freely. The switch might need to be cleaned to ensure the float can move without getting stuck due to build up etc.

Did you manually test that the switch triggers the pump on/off due to the position of the float? It looks like the unit can be set to run the pump for either 1.8 or 3 mins max before cutting off. Have you verified this is working? Note that you might need to power cycle the unit if you reach the set safety cutoff pump time.

If the float switch isn't working as expected while testing, you can test the float switch with a multimeter. Looking at the user manual on BRS' website you can take apart the black box that the float switch plugs into and unplug the switch for testing/replacement.

https://youtu.be/0FdKK2yAdtQ

Lastly, looking at the Q/A section on BRS' website there seems to only be 1/4-1/3" travel to cut on/off the switch. This means the switch might not be very stable if there is a lot of water surface agitation where you have the float switch installed. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/tunze-osmolator-nano-3152-auto-top-off.html?gclid=CKHm6o3W0tECFRdYDQodyYwP0Q

Hope this helps.

Thank you !  I will check all of the above today when i have some time.   It is unplugged at the moment and theres plenty of water in the sump area behind my AIO tank, just waiting for the water to evaporate back down to the normal salinity.  Thanks again !