Algae Scrubber (Nano Size)

LoCoReefer

Decided to make my own algae scrubber after wasting countless hours on youtube watching how well they worked for other people's tanks.  All in all I only spent about ten bucks on this project as I already had all of the tools, air pump, and LED to make this work.  The LED light would definitely be the most expensive part of the project, but I am no longer running a refugium on my tank resulting in my magnafuge LED not being used.  Sorry for the large images  :blink:.  Hopefully I get some algae growth soon so I can update with pics!

post-2636146-0-94114800-1484575245_thumb.jpg

post-2636146-0-29959200-1484575541_thumb.jpg

F96oXmh.jpg

E2wvwAc.jpg

IVcvXg5.jpg

Good old Santa Monica upflow scrubber.   I recommend taping up the plug on the light so it does not get eaten up by salt creep.  Those work awesome in nanos if you have a place to hide them out of sight in the tank.

Good old Santa Monica upflow scrubber.   I recommend taping up the plug on the light so it does not get eaten up by salt creep.  Those work awesome in nanos if you have a place to hide them out of sight in the tank.

Thanks for the tip! How's your 70g Wrasse sanctuary doing? i'd love to see a updated pic of it for this year :)

Thanks for the tip! How's your 70g Wrasse sanctuary doing? i'd love to see a updated pic of it for this year :)

It actually got transferred to the 225g.  But the big tank is doing good. I need to do an update on it tonight.