Anyone using Neptune WAV pumps?

NightOwl

Hey just wondering if anyone is currently using these pumps and if so how have they been?  I am looking at getting some new pumps for my new tank that will replace my Tunze 6105 and wanted to know if these are quiet and provide good flow.  Looking for people with the actual pumps and some honest feedback on them.

Thanks in advance

Thanks that's all I need to know :).  Tunze customer service and even though I don't like them EcoTech is second to none.  I will just get new Tunze pumps and call it day.

heard that people have had reliability issues with them...i have a neptune controller...but have never liked neptune service

i have couple MP40's WES, that i maybe putting up for grabs..ecotech has the best support ever on anything

i just got the gyre xf250, holy &%$# it moves stuff and very quiet...never experienced support with maxspect...so no comment yet

I'm being offered a pair for free after 6 months use. Customer not at all satisfied with them.

That says a lot.  I  am glad I asked here first.  Thakki was the second person that mentioned the customer service and its a headache when you spend that much.  At this rate they won't be making pumps long. 

heard that people have had reliability issues with them...i have a neptune controller...but have never liked neptune service

i have couple MP40's WES, that i maybe putting up for grabs..ecotech has the best support ever on anything

i just got the gyre xf250, holy &%$# it moves stuff and very quiet...never experienced support with maxspect...so no comment yet

I have had Ecotech in the past I love their customer service too but I actually gave away a MP10 back when they were the released because it was too noisy.  My  gripe with them it is cost too much to make that much noise.  I think I am going to stick with old reliable Tunze and call it day.

I just hope Neptune focuses on their controllers.  I like them for that.

What's wrong with the current tunze 6105's

I have the old version and looking at just getting some new stuff once I get my new tank up and running :).

Thanks for this thread, and for the review of Neptune's customer service (I had thought that the consensus was that they were excellent - which they may be, as long as you buy it from the right people...... %/  ).  I may still get an apex, but I'm definitely thinking twice.   

To be fair, the pumps are okay not bad. But the problem is the poor customer service given the size and reputation of the company.

To add to my review as a follow up...the WAV pump that was repaired and shipped back to me worked on and off (even after repair!)...it took me quite some time to figure out the problem was with the impeller not the pump itself...sadly, their QC team couldnt figure it out! When I wrote to them that the impeller had issues moving...they sent me a new one (this was the first positive response from them BTW). Since then that pump never gave up...its been more than a month that I had any issues with that particular pump and the other pump never had any issues till date. Overall, the pumps are well built...lot of wave options to chose from...less wire clutter (one wire per pump - connects directly to the EB832 bar).

That's what I'm talking about. How big is the new tank?

New tank will be roughly around 315 -320 gallons.  I have had some delays in getting everything squared away on my design.  Should be around 80 x 40 x 26 peninsula style tank.  Eight inches of that will be the overflow area with a viewable area of 72 x 40 x 26. Three sided Starfire glass and viewable from a hole in the wall like my last tank.  I am still finishing up the viewing/walk-up bar area.  Then I can get back to my fishroom work.

To be fair, the pumps are okay not bad. But the problem is the poor customer service given the size and reputation of the company.

To add to my review as a follow up...the WAV pump that was repaired and shipped back to me worked on and off (even after repair!)...it took me quite some time to figure out the problem was with the impeller not the pump itself...sadly, their QC team couldnt figure it out! When I wrote to them that the impeller had issues moving...they sent me a new one (this was the first positive response from them BTW). Since then that pump never gave up...its been more than a month that I had any issues with that particular pump and the other pump never had any issues till date. Overall, the pumps are well built...lot of wave options to chose from...less wire clutter (one wire per pump - connects directly to the EB832 bar).

I think their customer service has always sucked :(.  They rely heavily on the forums for support which is good and bad.  I looked back through some old emails and saw an interaction I had with them on an Apex head unit and it brought up pain and frustration...lol.  Like it was said before Tunze and EcoTech have some of the best customer service in the business.