Confirm Id for this crab

dipg

I caught this crab in my tank last night. I haven't added any kind of crabs to my tank since I set it up about 2 and half years ago so I am assuming he has been living in there since then. My snails would disappear right after i would add them and then I would find the empty shells under one of my rock structure. Finally one day i saw this huge crab and realized he was the culprit.

Based on my research I think this is a stone crab. I would like this to be confirmed. He is about 3-4 inches big right now. Also can I leave him in my sump without worrying about it nipping at the cords of my equipment in there? Thanks

fullsizeoutput_5934.jpeg

I'm impressed you got him out! Looks like a stone crab to me as well.

Thanks for the id. Yeah, getting him out was easy once I knew under which rock structure he was living. Just put a mason jar in with shrimp in it and he jumped into it immediately after lights went out.

Cool little dude. I kept a similar one in my sump. It did a great job cleaning up but did play with my ATO float. I made some modifications and I missed it a lot after it died a year or two later