EuroQuatics E5 Blue Pop bulbs

kyle&amy

Does anyone have any experience using the EuroQuatics Blue Pop bulbs? If so, how do you feel they compare to the T5 blue bulb you replaced? Also I know this is probably like comparing apples to oranges considering the price difference, but if you have tried them how do you think they compare to the ReefBrite blue strip lights?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom. I actually just bought a pair of these for my fixture. I hope to have them installed in the next few weeks.

The main thing I like about these over the reef brite is that these install within my fixture and it doesn't looked like an afterthought.

Just be careful, alot of the t5/fluorescent  replacement led bulbs that still use the ballasts had issues with fires in commercial use according to a good friend who is in that business

Tom, I have the 60" blue pops running in my ATI 6 bulb for the last 3 months, over all I'm happy with them. The only draw backs so far is that there seems to be a bow in the bulb not enough to effect the firing of the bulb but it is noticeable. Color is good but to my eye but not the same as Radions, but I think that is from it not being a single point light source. For the price I think they are a good choice compared to the Reefbrights. They do make other color bulbs, but I have not used them, I like the mix of ATI bulbs and POPs.   

So I just added them to my tank about an hour ago. i have two of the blue pop in my 8 bulb fixture. You can def notice the LED supplement over the T5.

I'm not too fond of the bow from the bulbs but I guess per 6-line's comment it's normal.

Waiting for the other 4 bulbs to come on to see if I can still notice the LED pop.

Overall I'm happy with them since I don't have to attach the reefbrite to the outside of my fixture changing the look.

Glad to hear everyone likes them thinking of adding a couple of them to my tank

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Yes thanks all for the info!! Are you all noticing the bowing in an ATI unit with the plastic shield in place? Either way it does sound like another option. Will look forward to seeing how they perform in the long run.

Thanks again,

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

So do you get the led shimer that i get with my kessil? I have kessil 360 and I am thinking about switching to ati t5, only reason I haven't pulled the triger is im afraid i will miss the shimmer. And I am planning on a 8 t5 fixture putting one of these for the shimmer

I love the fact that I can get the blue pop without having to screw a reefbrite onto my fixture.

It makes my LPS glow and the SPS polyps look great.

I haven't seen any downside from them. Not sure about the 5yr shelf live but we will see.

In 6 months when I have to replace the T5 bulbs, I will add two more and run 4 of them for the sunrise/sunset part and get 4 bulbs for coral growth.

Although I'm not sure how only the 4 T5's will work with the 4 LED's for coral growth. But time will tell