Fishy

Joshifer

Very fishy activity going on in the market areas.

getting free stuff or close to free from members and turning it around full price. I noticed patterns. Also seeing these items on CL. Let go. Offer up. Etc.

None of my buisness. (Drinks tea)

(Take the hint mods I ain't saying who figure it out. I ain't snitching but it annoys me every time I break a rule I get a DM yet this ring of individuals are constantly reselling free/cheap items and I've only been here a month and noticed it).

Edited by Joshifer

Says the guy who bought a light from a pawn shop for 40$ and is trying to sell it for 400$?

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/79332-best-lighting-for-a-55-gal-nano-tank/?fromsearch=1

Post 11

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/79447-ai-hydra-fiftytwo/?do=findComment&comment=699547

People have been doing it for centuries. What's new haha

Edited by John Ford

Yes I admitted that many times I even gloated about it happily cus I found a deal. Everyone knows where I got that light doesn't change its value. I even said where I got it in my ad.

But I didn't get it for free from a member. And turned it around. Like after I picked up a swap frag I was sent a Pm being told I can't sell it when I didn't try to. And said when it grows off the disc I'm giving it away free

I'm sure theirs a rule somewhere here about selling stuff you get from members for free. Their seems to be a rule for everything. Maybe they only apply to me.

Edited by Joshifer

Every two days I see "getting out of the hobby" sales. From the same person. Then when I see another post free items that same person replies to their post "pm sent" if your out of the hobby why do you want a free biocube. Or a skimmer. Or whatever, isn't that abusing paid membership and taking advantage of another paid member?

Edited by Joshifer

i posted this for a reason. I could've PM'd a mod about it. And nobody would've known. But this is a local community and paid membership and shady deals go on behind the scenes. Theirs even little kids on here they take advantage of. Pressuring a 14 year old til he gives you his item for what you wanna pay isn't very nice. Then posting it on CL for what the kid was asking. Cmon now. Take his lunch money too while your at it.

Edited by Joshifer

I'll probably get a PM saying I started a flame thread again. And they don't want to moderate it. So their deleting it. Delete it. Go ahead. I said what I wanted. Their peddling free items using this service. They created a buisness on here. The same way you can peddle services work and items on Craigslist and run a buisness off Craigslist. Yes it's the same to say as coral fragging that's techechally a buisness. But that person grew that frag. The way a farmer grows corn and sells it to markets.

Edited by Joshifer

We have had discussions about this topic in the past, it's just better to be had on the members forum.

I honestly see nothing wrong with selling something you paid for, for a more typical price. Retailers do it every single day!

While we expect that folks don't sell corals they got for free, selling corals they grow is okay. In other words, if you get a 1" frag free, then use your own skill, equipment, and resources to grow 3" of coral on top of it, there should be no social issues associated with selling that 3". IME, WAMAS prices generally reflect the source of the original frag. We also have SWAP for members, which is "Share the wealth and propagate".

Another issue that has come up, is the selling or trading of raffle prizes. I personally have no problem with people doing it, because people paid for their raffle tickets and have a right to do what they want with winnings. However, other members may have a different opinion.

Edited by treesprite

I apologize if I came off a little abrasive. (Human sand paper lol) it's just sickening. One kid PM'd me I wanted to buy something from him he's like I don't know 12. He told me one guys been bugging him for his item for half price. (The one who sells free stuff ain't dropping names) And he might do it unless I beat his price.

Edited by Joshifer

I don't have a problem if someone buys something and sells at a different "market value." You can ask whatever price if someone's willing to pay it. I also don't have a problem someone selling something they got free since in many cases it would end up in the trash otherwise. I do have a problem with someone selling something that was specified not to sell. For example, frags from fragfest or swap, and instances where a free item was offered and the post specifically asks that it not be sold.

I apologize if I came off a little abrasive. (Human sand paper lol) it's just sickening. One kid PM'd me I wanted to buy something from him he's like I don't know 12. He told me one guys been bugging him for his item for half price. (The one who sells free stuff ain't dropping names) And he might do it unless I beat his price.

Why does that bother you unless you were trying to get whatever he was selling for even less than half price? If that's the case, and that's what it sounds like, aren't you guilty of exactly the same thing, i.e. bugging some kid to sell you something for less than half price? Otherwise, why not just beat the other guy's half price offer?

Why does that bother you unless you were trying to get whatever he was selling for even less than half price? If that's the case, and that's what it sounds like, aren't you guilty of exactly the same thing, i.e. bugging some kid to sell you something for less than half price? Otherwise, why not just beat the other guy's half price offer?

I didn't offer the kid half. I left the kid alone when he said he's selling as a set.....you know what I'm not explaining my self. The mods know what I'm talking about we talked about it last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) If a member posts a tank for sale in the members For Sale forum, it's not subject to the Getting out of the Hobby exclusion. That applies to the General Forum. By policy, a person may get one and only one getting-out-of-the-hobby thread in the General Forum. 

2) If you have a question about the rules, please feel free to ask or to PM a member of the moderation team. We'll do our best to explain.

3) We often rely on members that have a firm grasp of the rules (from being here a while and having read them) to report when they see violations. Our mods pick up a lot on their own, but you'd be surprised how many members are fluent in the rules and their application. If you see something, say something. But also realize that what you think you see may not be all there is to it. If you report something, we'll see it and, if you don't hear back, it's probably because the outcome of the investigation is kept private. It's not because we've ignored the report.

4) Repeated flipping of property specifically as a profit-seeking effort (i.e. commercial activity) will attract scrutiny and may result in that party being classified as a vendor. Non-sponsoring vendors have severely curtailed access to the WAMAS community through our board. This happens only upon action by the Board of Directors and only after an investigation. However, getting something at a good price and then reselling later at a higher, market price is not, in itself, a violation of our rules. You'll sometimes see this when somebody buys up a whole system and then parts out the pieces that they don't want, for example.

5) A potential buyer offering a lower price for something that is posted for sale is perfectly reasonable. It's up to the seller to reject the offer. As an unrelated third party, it's really not your concern.

6) Please be aware that we've banned people from our community in the past for soliciting goods under false pretenses and tried to sell them shortly thereafter. 

7) Your first post insinuates that you've been treated unfairly when I, for one, don't at all believe that's the case. If anything, wide latitude has been given you as you've bumped up against the rules in trial-and-error fashion. To me, that demonstrates the patience of the entire moderating team to help educate while still trying to apply an even and consistent hand to enforcement. For those still not familiar with the rules (because they primarily act through Tapatalk or have simply not bothered to read them), please click this link.