Ice

Joshifer

You know those plastic cubes filled with water you freeze to cool your drinks without watering it down.

Would that work in a small tank? These past two days house been hot and the tanks hitting 82. Vs it's normal steady 79. Doing what I can. Light isn't making heat because I keep it at 10% I unplugged the heater. My pumps don't make heat their so small. Aq is on high for more agitation.

What if I make distilled water ice cubes? Or tank water ice cubes (in a new tray)

Nothing is stressed. Besides me. Well my nar snail died but I think that was of starvation tanks too clean it's been acting wierd climbing walls when they stay under the sand normally. . Hermits are okay because they grab flakes that fall. Corals are fine. Fish are fine. No expanded Gil's or fast breathing or open mouths. Maybe I'm just worrying over nothing.

I don't know why my house been so hot. Maybe the ac needs a recharge or filter or something.

Edited by Joshifer

Oh the land lady came over and saw my tank. And said since I got it she's been lucky (she's Asian i think fish are lucky to them I could be wrong) and she's letting me get a rodi unit. She even said I can even get a bigger tank. But I have nowhere to put it due to my wife's love of over sized furniture.

Edited by Joshifer

Yeah you might want to check the filter for your air system. Now my house is EXTREMELY dusty thanks to my parrots, but we change ours weekly.

But I don't see why the reusable ice cubes wouldn't work, using frozen water bottles has been advised before for tanks if the power goes out in the summer. Also although 82 a bit on the higher side, that isn't like unbearably warm.

Oh a frozen water bottle your a genius why didn't i think of that. Thanks.

Like I said. nothing's stressed but me lol. Keeping an eye. Clowns went to sleep. Corals are still open even tho lights are out. (I can see in with my house lighting)

pumps add heat most certainly. A watt of power is a watt of heat. Tiny tanks run best on one pump. You shouldn't have anything more than the return pump and you certainly don't need a heater.

If you have a sump you can put a small clip on fan over it, or heck, just about any fan that will fit. Increases evaporation slightly. They also sell some little fans designed specifically for this and some that are stylish enough to go on the display tank that you wouldn't necessarily have to try and hide.

Edited by Rob A

pumps add heat most certainly. A watt of power is a watt of heat. Tiny tanks run best on one pump. You shouldn't have anything more than the return pump and you certainly don't need a heater.

I agree with him.

Is it a steady 82 degrees? Or does it go up and down from 79 to 82? If it's a steady 82 I wouldn't stress to much if everyone is doing fine. Lol I used to worry like that when my tank was fairly new... Now I just try to enjoy it even though is not looking it's best at the moment.